Display stands

Crann

Hi, have a 10" heavy Ammonite that I want to display, it's a Phylloceras so wide at the bottom, need a strong stand fit for the job, any recommendations ? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Crann said:

Hi, have a 10" heavy Ammonite that I want to display, it's a Phylloceras so wide at the bottom, need a strong stand fit for the job, any recommendations ? Thanks.

Here is a nice choice for you.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

32 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Unfortunately, since I have a welder, scrap metal, and no money I make all of my stands rather than purchase them. I get to call them "custom" that way as well.

Wish I had that freedom... I have found a really durable "cook book holder" from a local store that is perfect and can be moved slightly... oh yes... and very cheap, metal too...

Hey @Crann, I had a hard time trying to find bigger more heavy duty stands.  In fact I didnt find any.   Ptychodus04 actually made me one heavy duty stand for a large fossil crab.   I never did check out the plastic stands.  You might try that?  

RB

Id find someone who can weld near you. You could then get a one made for a perfect fit. Probably wouldn't cost much, most people who can weld like something interesting to make rather than the mundane exhausts &c. I would guess a few beers would cover it. 

I'm sure that instead of welding things together he can find a good choice of stable and reasonably priced stands at UKGE, which is just around the corner from him.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

The book holder I got looks too big and is chrome and stands out too much, I fancy a subtle black one I think.

If I had a 10" ammo I'd much rather show it off on a bespoke metal stand rather than an a plastic one Roger. A welded metal stand needn't cost much and I'd prefer the security with the weight.  @Crann what does it weigh?

49 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

If I had a 10" ammo I'd much rather show it off on a bespoke metal stand rather than an a plastic one Roger. A welded metal stand needn't cost much and I'd prefer the security with the weight.  @Crann what does it weigh?

Hi, weighs around 4kg.

My brother and nephew are welders, going to send them dimensions to knock up a custom one as best option, few beers should do the trick.

19 hours ago, JohnBrewer said:

Don't forget to post a picture here. :)

Will do, he makes fancy gates and fences, could ask for Ammonite swirls on it but might be pushing my luck.

Archived