Could you help me?What is it?

Maxi

Hi and thanks to all those who will help me :)

I found this fossil in northern Italy and I can't figure out what it is.

Found it in a grotto. 

Thank you:)

IMG_2041.JPG

IMG_2042.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

The interior (second picture) looks like bone, but the dark portion on the outside has me perplexed.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

19 minutes ago, caldigger said:

The interior (second picture) looks like bone, but the dark portion on the outside has me perplexed.

I really don't know.

It's a karstic grotto i think maybe the interior was limestone and the dark portion bone, but this is my idea.

I' m really perplexed too

Can you take a shot where the dark part is highlighted in the shot and not turned to the side which shadows it?

Also the location (be specific) and age of deposit would really aid in developing IDs.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

14 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Can you take a shot where the dark part is highlighted in the shot and not turned to the side which shadows it?

Also the location (be specific) and age of deposit would really aid in developing IDs.

So i found it in "Buso della rana" grotto in Veneto.

Wikipedia says at inner of grotto there are nummulitic of priabonian i don't now if this info could help but i can' t tell you more sorry.

IMG_2059.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2061.JPG

It's bone, don't think it's identifiable though. You can look up Eocene animals for an idea of what it could be.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

17 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

It's bone, don't think it's identifiable though. You can look up Eocene animals for an idea of what it could be.

Thank you it' s enought for me, i just want to know if it was a strange rock or a bone.

i have another unknow fossil, could i post here or should i open another topic?

47 minutes ago, Maxi said:

Thank you it' s enought for me, i just want to know if it was a strange rock or a bone.

i have another unknow fossil, could i post here or should i open another topic?

Either works, I'd do a new one. 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason