Possible dinosaur remains found in Lithuania

D.N.FossilmanLithuania

Dear Guys,

I recently found two remains (serrated tooth and scale) of possible small dinosaurs in the Late Cretaceous erratics of South Lithuania, Eastern Europe. 

The tooth is about 1,2 cm length, scale is 4 mm length. 

If the remains belong to dinosaurs, which dinosaur fossils it could be? :)

Any opinions are very welcome ;)

Best Regards

Domas 

serrated spinosaur tooth edge 1.jpg

serrated spinosaur tooth edge 2.jpg

serrated spinosaur tooth edge 3.jpg

Spinosaur complete tooth.jpg

dinosaur scale 2.jpg

The tooth reminds me more of a sharks tooth than anything, is this from marine deposits?

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Dear WhodamanHD,  

Yes the remains are found in shallow marine deposits, it is the glacial erratics dated by Late Cretaceous (probably Santonian- Maastrichtian). ;)

50 minutes ago, D.N.FossilmanLithuania said:

Dear WhodamanHD,  

Yes the remains are found in shallow marine deposits, it is the glacial erratics dated by Late Cretaceous (probably Santonian- Maastrichtian). ;)

Then I would say some sort of sand tiger shark tooth( multiple genuses btw), or maybe goblin shark Others know more about these than me, hopefully they will join in soon.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived