So... What Do Your Kids Do On A Monday Night?

Dave Bowen

Pictures are worth a thousand words indeed.

post-1882-1248147148_thumb.jpg

post-1882-1248147168_thumb.jpg

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

hehe. I would certainly be proud!

And it looks like she is have loads of fun!

what a great family activity...digging through tiny rocks to find tiny teeth!

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex

Yes, I'm very proud of her. Actually, my son and two of his friends joined her moments later. All of them have found a few teeth so far! Thank you for the gravel Barry!

post-1882-1248147870_thumb.jpg

post-1882-1248147891_thumb.jpg

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Guest solius symbiosus

When my daughter was younger, she would always accompany me on collecting trips. Now, that she is older... yeah, right.

Dave Bowen..... looking for fossils in the comfort of your own chair... nice one.... you never know, you could of sparked off in one of them a lifelong interest career or passion.... the more eyes the better when looking for fossils....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

buy your kids qwerty keyboard phones with unlimited texting packages and kiss them farewell. then you can check the cellphone bill to see what time they get up in the morning and go to bed at night, if you're willing to scroll through that many pages of bill looking at when texts were sent.

Guest solius symbiosus

I had several bills that came in manila envelopes. Then she got it under control, but then she made me mad=no phone for the kid.

Yeah, that's right! Muaahaa haa haa!

My son is already way out of control with the phone thing. They both have keyboard phones and are on them constantly. Luckily we had the foresight to get unlimited texting.

Yea, Snakekeeper told me about graveling on rainy days, so I thought it would give the kiddos something to do. He was nice enough to give me a big bag of gravel from two different areas. We found some cool, very tiny teeth so far.

post-1882-1248183140_thumb.jpg

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Hmmm.....kids really like gravel. :)

Awesome! Mine aren't alone in the universe. We should get the kids together on a hunt someday. I'm sure my kids would like to have some other younger folks to hang out with on hunts. :)

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Great post! Love the photos & the family involvement. I had one out of three sons to love fossils as much as mom & dad & continue the hunt.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Awesome! Mine aren't alone in the universe. We should get the kids together on a hunt someday. I'm sure my kids would like to have some other younger folks to hang out with on hunts. :)

I would love that. Maybe if I tell her she can still text in the river bottom. (see above posts)

I think I might have hit a cut-off with her starting high school. She does want a new laptop. Maybe I could bribe her? :D

When my daughter was younger, she would always accompany me on collecting trips. Now, that she is older... yeah, right.

Does she roll her eyes and say "You're such a nerd"?

Prononced the Nerd King by my two teenaged daughters,

Brent Ashcraft

ashcraft, brent allen

I would love that. Maybe if I tell her she can still text in the river bottom. (see above posts)

I think I might have hit a cut-off with her starting high school. She does want a new laptop. Maybe I could bribe her? :D

the lap top can be a graduation present.. haha.. thats how it was in my case, anyway.

I may not be as young as some, but I still feel like a kid when i am out hunting!

Did you ask her who's tooth brush she was using

With a grin like that I bet it was yours

nice teeth :D

Did you ask her who's tooth brush she was using

With a grin like that I bet it was yours

nice teeth :D

Hehe, we have about 20 tooth brushes in the house. 4 for us, and 16 for cleaning fossils... lol.

I know what you mean about the texting thing. Funny thing is, if all our kids went on the same hunt, they would all be in the river bottom texting each other from 10 feet away. haha.

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

If I was stuck with someone sitting there texting... i would take the phone, and make sure it would fossilze before they got it again..

(I am allowed to say that, I am part of the 'texting generation') haha

it drives me insane!

Its almost as bad as calling someone from infront of their house. (Hey, Im here!)

oh, kids these days. maybe i am just too old fashioned... but I dont see the point in 28 hours a day conversations with people...