Penn Dixie August 26th

dylandreiling

For the past decade, my eyes have been fixed on going to Penn Dixie. After moving to Ottawa with my wife, a trip down to the home of the bugs became a possibility. This past Monday, we finally had the opportunity to visit. 

It was a 6 hour drive and we only had a couple of hours to spare, but we found a couple of good pieces. @DevonianDigger was an amazing host and guide showing us around to the most productive layers. I may have caught the Penn Dixie Bug (pun intended) :P. Came away with a couple of rollers and a 95% complete Greenops! I'm already itching to go back next spring!

Here are a few pictures. 

IMG_0890.thumb.JPG.f2d57c818c53bdeb7c40a9f1f25c0913.JPGIMG_0901.thumb.jpg.e2c68ed27a003b720bda90c1215f2dd9.jpg

IMG_0899.thumb.jpg.c6c904055fa58d2be3cc9a772877423c.jpgIMG_0897.thumb.JPG.727e81e15357889ea98b1c4c3333d9ac.JPG

Glad You got to do fulfill long time wish.

Looks like You did pretty good for just a couple of hours.

Can We see better close ups of the finds?

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Hello from Mississauga!

I just wanted to echo what everyone else has said - excellent finds!!!:trilosurprise:

Monica

Glad to see you had a good time. You found quite well for such a short stay. Next time you should plan an overnighter so you have more time. It really is a great place to collect.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Heck Roger next time you are over you need to take me there........ lol You know my thing with bridges

DevonianDigger makes sure Fossil Forum members have a great time if you get a chance to visit!! Enjoyed my time at PennDixie and learned much from him. Still need to make a post of my trip. Summer has been so busy for me.

9 hours ago, ynot said:

Glad You got to do fulfill long time wish.

Looks like You did pretty good for just a couple of hours.

Can We see better close ups of the finds?

I'll see what I can do tomorrow about closer pictures. 

@Malcolmt I definitely want to organize a get-together with other forum members at Penn Dixie. More man power to pull up that trilobite infested shale. I'm itching to get better prep equipment. After seeing your setup I'm just waiting till we have the space to have a prep area. I'm holding off on cleaning a lot of these bugs. I chipped a piece of one of my specimens while trying to prep. scared me to try more. :D They may have to wait a couple of years 

just to clarify, one of those specimens (the complete prone) was a gift by @DevonianDigger he must just have too many trilobites lying around ;) 

Dylan, you saw at my place how you can accumulate a few fossils over the years. I am sure DevonianDigger has a few to spare.......

@dylandreiling you'll have a lot in no time. @DevonianDigger is a really nice guy and he knows a lot about PD. I had the pleasure of digging with him this past April and we all found a lot of neat stuff. Excellent Greenops you have there. You should add that to collections.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Archived