What is this fossil

LiamL

Unsure about this one also, found another similar but left it on the beach.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

The first one is a strongly pyritized ammonite sitting on a pyrite concretion. The second one looks geological. I can't see anything obviously fossiliferous about it. It looks like a water worn block composed of various sediments.

• I found this Informative 5

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Just now, Ludwigia said:

The first one is a strongly pyritized ammonite sitting on a pyrite concretion. The second one looks geological. I can't see anything bviously fossiliferous about it. It looks like a water worn block composed of various sediments.

Thank you :)

I agree with @Ludwigia completely.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I agree with Roger. The first one is a nicely pyritized ammonite. The second one is a flint nodule (glacial erratic).

I would like to compare with grey flint.

1.jpg.858272179fe3c6c34b4b71121e911a68.thumb.jpg.05f14f48be8f57d247cb30f00f7539c1.jpgerr9.jpg.5db0caa4ac904c21d664d474ff7f0b3c.jpg

comparative picture from here

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

33 minutes ago, abyssunder said:

I agree with Roger. The first one is a nicely pyritized ammonite. The second one is a flint nodule (glacial erratic).

I would like to compare with grey flint.

1.jpg.858272179fe3c6c34b4b71121e911a68.thumb.jpg.05f14f48be8f57d247cb30f00f7539c1.jpgerr9.jpg.5db0caa4ac904c21d664d474ff7f0b3c.jpg

comparative picture from here

This is how it looked before i picked it out :)

1.jpg