JohnBrewer

Group trip to Wrens Nest, near Birmingham, UK

JohnBrewer    435
JohnBrewer

If anyone would like to visit Wrens Nest near Birmingham ( in the UK) on a mutually convenient date sometime in the next two months I'm happy organise it.

Wrens Nest is Silurian and an incredibly productive site, you WILL go home with LOTS of finds. The hash plates here are spectacular. You may find a trilobite or two too, at least two species can be found there to my knowledge. Common finds are crinoid bits, branchiopods, social corals, bryozoa many in great condition. These look spectacular on hash plates. Pieces of sea bed are easily found with beautiful texture and often have fossils on them. Less common are solitary corals and trilobites.   

Its a family friendly area even for very young ones with several beautiful walks suitable for youngsters and wheelchair users as well as more demanding walks. Partners/spouses not interested in palaeontology will, I'm sure, enjoy the area. 

If you're interested can you add your name as a response to this thread and pm me for my email. I'll then send emails back copying in everyone (if anyone wants to come along of course! If not I'll go on my own :P) and we can work out a date. 

Link to to my recent trip report 

Cheers

John

thelivingdead531    10
thelivingdead531

I'm interested (as you already know)! :D 

TqB    980
TqB

Would love to go but it's too far for a day trip. Have fun!

Strepsodus    71
Strepsodus

Hi.  I only collect fossils from the Carboniferous and Jurassic but good luck.

Daniel

thelivingdead531    10
thelivingdead531

Unfortunately that day won't work for me, we have tickets to a football game that day. Possibly the next Saturday? 

JohnBrewer    435
JohnBrewer
On 12/09/2017 at 6:34 PM, thelivingdead531 said:

Unfortunately that day won't work for me, we have tickets to a football game that day. Possibly the next Saturday? 

Email me all dates in October and say first two weeks in November you can do Candace. Nick has sent me his work rota and I'm so flexible I can tie myself in knots. I'll then come up with a plan  :ninja:

herve    2
herve

Hello,for me is so far,sorry best wishes