bone2stone

Found in clay strata sandwiched between layers of dino print limestone. Three different strata containing prints.

Bone is shown also in trip section with latest print.

If someone has an inkling as to a species please post away.

I am going back as soon as possible.

(BTW: Most bone material is crushed from the dino traffic in the immediate area)

Bone2stone

IMG_2772.JPG

IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

@Troodon may be able to help, my inexpert opinion is a caudual vert of a dromeosaurid or another small theropod (maybe ornithimimid?) with the top broken off as is often the case with vertabra.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Here's some ornithomimid specimens from the late Cretaceous bissekty formation that are similar, orthnithomimids are thus far only known from tracks to my knowledge in the glen rose.

IMG_2996.PNG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

I would lean away from this being dinosaurian.  Think it's from a reptilian like croc.

How bout turtle?

I have pulled a great many fragments of turtle in this clay strata.

I have posted most of what I pulled out in that spot. Including two different gastropods.

Take a look at my post in Fossil Hunting Trips: 

"Labor day Weekend" Dino stuff.

Plenty of the Theropod tracks in the limestone cap covering the clay strata. Quite possibly what crushed the boney material coming out of that stuff.