hadrosaur eggs real?

MarcoX

Hello, as my first post I like to hear your opinions about my purchase of theese 3 hadrosaur egg. Thanks. I don`t have better Pictures at the moment but they will be delivered soon.

cache_3921738.jpg

cache_67052151.jpg

Welcome to the forum! :D

It's a shame that you do not have more photos close up of the other eggs too. But from the photo of this single egg, is very likely to be real. This egg is of the spherolytic type, from China, although that the preparation of the Matrix is a bit unusual, because the matrix does not really seem natural for me.. If the other 2 eggs are like this, It is a good sign.

When you can, please send better photos, with the well-lit specimen and more images from different angles including close up, so I can help with a better opinion, because for now, with your photos, it's all just a guess.

In the photo below, you can compare it to a egg from my private collection.

02.PNG

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Welcome to the forum

Agree the one egg looks real but better photos are needed.   It looks like the matrix  has been fabricated to look like real nest why we need more photos.   Does not look natural

Nice acquisition! 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

45 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Nice acquisition! 

I'm not saying this is the case here, but depending on the price paid for the "nest", depending on whether the matrix is fake or is natural, it may have been a bitter purchase.. Unfortunately I've come across many matrices similar to this, where with 6 eggs, they can make 2 nests with 3 eggs each....

02.PNG

03.PNG

Well I payed more about the Price for two single eggs then what I saw over the Internet for a nest containing 3 Eggs. So it would not be to bitter. But for sure I would prefer a rel Matrix. I sent an email to seller asking about the Matrix. Anyway would it be wise to extract the egs from the Matrix in case it`s a fake one?

17 minutes ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

I'm not saying this is the case here, but depending on the price paid for the "nest", depending on whether the matrix is fake or is natural, it may have been a bitter purchase.. Unfortunately I've come across many matrices similar to this, where with 6 eggs, they can make 2 nests with 3 eggs each....

A real hadrosaur egg( or better 3) is a good buy in my view, fake matrix or not. Of course better if it was a clutch, but still three eggs.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

44 minutes ago, MarcoX said:

Well I payed more about the Price for two single eggs then what I saw over the Internet for a nest containing 3 Eggs. So it would not be to bitter. But for sure I would prefer a rel Matrix. I sent an email to seller asking about the Matrix. Anyway would it be wise to extract the egs from the Matrix in case it`s a fake one?

No! Please! I do not advise you to remove the eggs from the matrix, because if it is true, you will be ruining a wonderful nest dating from the Lower Cretaceous! What I advise is to remove a small piece of the matrix, so that a small part of the egg is discovered, so you will have no more doubts!

If you do not know how to do it, a preparer it will not charge you too much for do this.

02.PNG

Maybe not even this is necessary, who knows only with better photos and we can have a better idea? ;)

03.PNG

37 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

A real hadrosaur egg( or better 3) is a good buy in my view, fake matrix or not. Of course better if it was a clutch, but still three eggs.

Well ... Actually if the matrix is even false, then it's an egg and a half right? But okay, I also agree with your point of view my friend WhodamanHD, anyway, it's still beautiful for display. ;)

03.PNG

Echoing what has already been said.

1) The eggs look real, but we need close-ups to be sure

2) The matrix looks suspicious

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Thanks for all your feedbacks. I confronted the seller last night with with the concerns about the matrix. He guarantees the matrix is real and all three eggs are complete. He also seems to have quite a good reputation.

So I will upload pictures when i receive them in the next days.

Thank you for additional photos.  The detail is very good

Eggs are beautiful and look very complete.   The matrix looks real but different than what I'm familiar with. 

Question I ask others looking at these Eggs is what if anything is the lighter colored ring at the base of the eggs.

DSC04832.thumb.jpg.ef0319db5230084ed7c41c7facf1f771.jpg.2dc92b1c675737994bb59fa8e5e36d5d.jpg

20 hours ago, Troodon said:

Thank you for additional photos.  The detail is very good

Eggs are beautiful and look very complete.   The matrix looks real but different than what I'm familiar with. 

Question I ask others looking at these Eggs is what if anything is the lighter colored ring at the base of the eggs.

DSC04832.thumb.jpg.ef0319db5230084ed7c41c7facf1f771.jpg.2dc92b1c675737994bb59fa8e5e36d5d.jpg

Looks just from prep. Similar colour from the prep marks second from the left. 

Looks good to me.  Nice eggs.  Initial photos of matrix were questionable but the additional pictures you posted look good to me.  Great find, congrats!

Archived