Two of my favorite Dinosaur teeth in my collection

Nimravis

The serrations made me first think that those were actually hemis for a nanosecond. Wow. I really love those troodon teeth!

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

6 minutes ago, Macrophyseter said:

The serrations made me first think that those were actually hemis for a nanosecond. Wow. I really love those troodon teeth!

Yes- they have always been my favorite.

30 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Very nice pair, also my favorite

locality?

Alberta- traded a special Mazon Creek fossil that I found to a dealer friend a couple decades ago, for a bunch of Dino material (teeth, bones).  In retrospect, a trade that I should not have made. The teeth / bone material I could have acquired later, I will never find another Mazon Creek fossil  like the one I parted with. But at the time it was a trade that I wanted to do because I wanted some cool dinosaur teeth. 

At at least he never parted with it and is still in his personal Museum.

9 hours ago, Nimravis said:

Alberta- traded a special Mazon Creek fossil that I found to a dealer friend a couple decades ago, for a bunch of Dino material (teeth, bones).  In retrospect, a trade that I should not have made. The teeth / bone material I could have acquired later, I will never find another Mazon Creek fossil  like the one I parted with. But at the time it was a trade that I wanted to do because I wanted some cool dinosaur teeth. 

At at least he never parted with it and is still in his personal Museum.

Great teeth!

Are you talking about Dave?

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

5 hours ago, -Andy- said:

Great teeth!

Are you talking about Dave?

Yes I am. My fossil was one that he did not have and I did a trade of various fossils and cash for my find.

2 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

Those are indeed very nice teeth. Lovely!

Thanks- little but cute.

Light came on after noting that your teeth came from Alberta.    Recent discoveries have really change the thinking around Troodontids as described in the attached article and paper.  Troodon formosus is no longer consider a valid taxon and Stenonychosaurus inequalis has been resurrected as the proper classification and depending on the configuration of the hips a new species was named Latenivenatrix mcmasterae.  It will be impossible to determine species with isolated teeth.

van der Reest, A.J.; Currie, P.J. (2017). "Troodontids (Theropoda) from the Dinosaur Park Formation, Alberta, with a description of a unique new taxon: implications for deinonychosaur diversity in North America". Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences. 54: 919–935. doi:10.1139/cjes-2017-0031

Archived