Triceratops frill?

MirecRKK

Hi all, i win auction on this, can it be a part of Triceratops frill from Hell Creek? I hope yes but i am not sure. I hope you can help me.

Thank you for that

1.jpg

2 .jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Welcome to the forum

The texture looks wrong, also lacks blood grooves, veining,  so I would say unlikely for it to be a Ceratopsian frill.  Here are a couple of pictures with examples.  

FYI.  There are multiple ceratopsian in the HC so no way to determine if it's any frill section is from a triceratops.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.7c8e1a9e87d5ab8988e6d9b0269fc9e7.jpg

s-l400.jpg.e0745d8734fc221ef80c3da27c6151b8.jpg

A good old chunkosaurus!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

hi, thank you for welcome, i win it on ebay from seller with 99% positive feedback, he selling few more dino bones and he send me a much more dino bones pictures on my email. My friend says this: There isn't much bone detail on the outside, but the overall shape does look like it could be a chunk of frill.  What's more, some of the other pieces he has listed look even more "frill-like", which makes it even more likely that yours is genuine.  

So, if i understnad good, it is no way to know it is triceratops frill, it is unlikely but not excluded.

So smaller chance is still better than any.

Thank to all for opinions, i hope for few more opinions

Sincerely Miroslav from Slovakia

5 hours ago, MirecRKK said:

So, if i understnad good, it is no way to know it is triceratops frill, it is unlikely but not excluded.

That said it pretty well.

But without any destinquising detail there is no way to make any identification.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.