Halisaurus Jaw Sections, minor prep

snolly50

On 08/10/2017 at 1:50 PM, snolly50 said:

DSCN2209ac.thumb.jpg.598e352c3fa88e5c5b18c4507ca1e875.jpg

DSCN2264ac.thumb.jpg.0b435d1a12b8aa13d4f43eb0e7ae3902.jpg

These stands work really well and are very simplistic to showing fossils . Look lovely   in your home too.  I made a stand a little like this last year out of an old shop weigh and some solder wire , it's nice but not as nice. I think I will make some wood stands my self. thanks Bobby. 

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0806.JPG

5 hours ago, snolly50 said:

The image shows a corner of snolly's formal living room.

Looks OK to Me, but I would replace the wall hangings with fossils, because there are not enough fossils in the view!.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

21 hours ago, ynot said:

Looks OK to Me, but I would replace the wall hangings with fossils, because there are not enough fossils in the view!.

It's an excellent recommendation; but given the heirloom status (from the wife's family) of the wall hangings... well, not even snolly is reckless enough to attempt that switch.

However, there are a couple more fossils in the room. Out of sight to the right of the photo above is a coffee table. Resting there atop a vintage cigar box are a group of ocean worn Megs. For scale the orange spotted one is just over 5".

DSCN2276ac.thumb.jpg.ae7e36b5ac5517bfa26408a542e3a5f8.jpg

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

23 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

These stands work really well and are very simplistic to showing fossils .

Thank you. Your stand does an excellent job of showing off that blade. The choice of the weight is a great example of use of a novel object for display. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

On 11/10/2017 at 3:21 PM, snolly50 said:

Thank you. Your stand does an excellent job of showing off that blade. The choice of the weight is a great example of use of a novel object for display. 

Thank you I appreciate it. I liked the way you displayed the two teeth together. I think the stands add that touch of class to your collection. Looking forward to see more of you display ideas. That blade was given to me by my wife at Christmas. She got it off an old lady she knows who .was an archaeologist in the 60s and 70s. When you look at the base of the blade with a loupe you can see fossilised  glue and fibres. 

cheers Bobby  

• 6 months later...

Those stands are beautiful! They came out well. The wood finish makes the fossils pop. You've inspired me......