What is this? Part 2

Darko

Except my first "find" i found these two rocks in the Morava river.This second one looks like an amber but it doesn't melt or has burning scent. I would like to hear your opinions,thanks again.

Darko 

20170917_190623.jpg

20170917_190615.jpg

20170917_190600.jpg

20170917_190553.jpg

20170917_190547.jpg

The "amber" kinda looks like some kind of agate. Really not sure though.

• I found this Informative 1

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

2 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

The "amber" kinda looks like some kind of agate. Really not sure though.

Thanks Max anyways! It does have really nice honey color like amber but i know that is not an amber or beach glass. 

Just now, Darko said:

Thanks Max anyways! It does have really nice honey color like amber but i know that is not an amber or beach glass. 

No problem :)

That's why agate is a good option. Many rock-hounds love finding those!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

5 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

No problem :)

That's why agate is a good option. Many rock-hounds love finding those!

True!

@Darko If I were you, I'd look at the 'amber' with a light behind it and check for pulp/fiber. If it does have those fibers, then it is likely amber. Agate is also an option if you do not see fibers. The worn, gray piece looks like a concretion with several brachiopod and fusulinid imprints. Nice finds, and keep on hunting!

CD

First rock is most likely an agate - type carnelian.

Second piece looks like limestone. - Try a drop of vinegar to see if it fizzes.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

23 minutes ago, coled18 said:

@Darko If I were you, I'd look at the 'amber' with a light behind it and check for pulp/fiber. If it does have those fibers, then it is likely amber. Agate is also an option if you do not see fibers. The worn, gray piece looks like a concretion with several brachiopod and fusulinid imprints. Nice finds, and keep on hunting!

Where do u see brachiopods and fusulinid imprints?

20170917_221126.jpg

20170917_221112.jpg

25 minutes ago, coled18 said:

Where do u see brachiopods and fusulinid imprints? Btw it really does look that something is in this "amber"

20170917_221108.jpg

20170917_221100.jpg

I drew red lines over where the brachiopods are, there appears to be a few imprints. If you turn that same piece over, the small holes are what I think are fusulinid imprints. Fusulinids usually mineralize, but may leave traces inside the rock that they were fossilized in, as they can be prone to falling out.

As for the "amber", there does appear to be stuff in it (pulp maybe). However, look for small bubbles in it. If there are no bubbles in it, then I would think it is carnelian agate, as @ynot said above. 

Capture.PNG

CD

5 minutes ago, coled18 said:

I drew red lines over where the brachiopods are, there appears to be a few imprints. If you turn that same piece over, the small holes are what I think are fusulinid imprints. Fusulinids usually mineralize, but may leave traces inside the rock that they were fossilized in, as they can be prone to falling out.

As for the "amber", there does appear to be stuff in it (pulp maybe). However, look for small bubbles in it. If there are no bubbles in it, then I would think it is carnelian agate, as @ynot said above. 

Capture.PNG

I definitely see something in the first rock ,but it does not apear to be a bubble,or maybe i don't see well hahha...

2 minutes ago, coled18 said:

Lol if you can't see any bubbles it fine. It's a cool mineral regardless! 

It's my first one ever found :D! Thanks man!