Please help ID

Mick66ey

Hi please help me Identify these three similar items I believe they must be a fossil, they were found in three different locations in Yorkshire UK,  Sandsend whitby,  Hornsea,  and Staithes,  one has spilt and each spilt has a very smooth surface, im sorry at this moment thess are the best photos I can get,  

Look forward to any help Mike,  

20170917_212613.jpg

20170917_212631.jpg

I agree.
Are they pyritized?

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

nautiloid cephalopod

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

2 hours ago, Herb said:

nautiloid cephalopod

3 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

I'd say parts of belemnite phragmocones since the stratigraphy there is Jurassic.

We are swimming against the current on that stratigraphy I guess. Better back up to cephalopod, huh Herb ?

9 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Nautiloid.

Thank you for your help I have Googled your ideas and looking at my finds I believe they look very similar of part of this image,  belemnite phragmocones 

Screenshot_2017-09-18-06-35-51.png

28 minutes ago, Mick66ey said:

Thank you for your help I have Googled your ideas and looking at my finds I believe they look very similar of part of this image,  belemnite phragmocones 

Correct.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

If the rock is Paleozoic then nautiloid, if Mesozoic, then belemnite.

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

9 hours ago, Herb said:

If the rock is Paleozoic then nautiloid, if Mesozoic, then belemnite.

Didn't mean to be condescending.

In my own odd way that is what I was getting to. 

• I found this Informative 1

that is a beautiful specimen Ludwigia

1 hour ago, Herb said:

that is a beautiful specimen Ludwigia

That's not mine, Herb. I just quoted Mick66ey and the photo came along with it. I think he just got it out of the internet.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

On 9/18/2017 at 7:18 AM, Mick66ey said:

That's one of mine. :) (Passaloteuthis bisulcata, from the Lower Toarcian Grey Shale of the North Yorkshire coast).

Yours are indeed all belemnite phragmocones - the Staithes one might be the same species, Sandsend will be a bit later and the Hornsea one will be a glacial erratic so hard to date (and strictly speaking could be a Carboniferous nautiloid though I've never seen one from there while Jurassic and Cretaceous belemnites are common).

Tarquin