New Jersey Cretaceous bone

frankh8147

Greetings!

I recently found this piece of fossil bone around the Big Brook area of Monmouth County, New Jersey. I believe it to be Cretaceous.

A lot of bone in this area is scrappy and tough to identify but I'm hoping either the structure or features might be able to identify what this is from (or anything else about it). Thanks again! -Frank

njbone13.jpg

njbone1.jpg

njbone21.jpg

Its hard to say what it is...If I have to guess I would say it might be a articulated end of a limb bone...That's the best I can come up with....Did you check out the vert I found and posted here from Big Brook ????  

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

3 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

It seems to be very worn. Will be pretty much impossible to ID.

Thanks, and yes, it is pretty worn (most of the bone is from this location). Any chance of figuring out whether it is dino or marine reptile?

18 minutes ago, frankh8147 said:

Thanks, and yes, it is pretty worn (most of the bone is from this location). Any chance of figuring out whether it is dino or marine reptile?

I would think its Dino because of how dense it looks.

Tony

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

2 hours ago, njfossilhunter said:

I would think its Dino because of how dense it looks.

I just checked out that vert from your ID post - very interesting, was that from our last dig spot? Ill take a better look at it once I get home tonight (I cant see it very well from my phone).

My thought on my piece is dino as well so I'll probably get it looked at the next time we go to the museum (depending on what info I get here).

2 hours ago, frankh8147 said:

I just checked out that vert from your ID post - very interesting, was that from our last dig spot? Ill take a better look at it once I get home tonight (I cant see it very well from my phone).

My thought on my piece is dino as well so I'll probably get it looked at the next time we go to the museum (depending on what info I get here).

Yes it was.....:D

Tony

Archived