Raptor leg bone

Wowbnjijdat

I found this leg bone for sale on the internet? But is it a real raptor leg bone? Seems way to small for me and thought maybe it is pterosaur or bird?

$_56.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_58.JPG

$_59.JPG

This bone looks like a rib, and it can be one. I will wait for other opinions, but I can anticipate that this bone is definitely not of pterosaur. I do not think he's a raptor. It looks more like crocodilian material.

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Doesn't look like a raptor leg bone to me. Though there are some fairly small individuals present in Kem Kem. But I don't really have much experience with ribs so I can't say much about that.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Hi I can't say what animal is was from but i have seen lots of fossils from the same seller recently . I noticed it because he had lots of items you don't see in the uk.  If you did not over pay you got something interesting to keep and it is nice piece. I have added a picture of one of his fossil I was looking at and wished I had perchased it. Forgot to order it . Probably not as advertised but it sold now anyway.

IMG_0646.PNG

That does indeed look like ceratopsian frill. One can't be completely sure that it's Triceratops based on such a small fragment. But frill has a pretty recognisable structure.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

7 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

That does indeed look like ceratopsian frill. One can't be completely sure that it's Triceratops based on such a small fragment. But frill has a pretty recognisable structure.

Oh I missed a bargain then at £10.50 . 

Archived