Houston's Paleo Cds?

erose

Has anyone purchased the Houston Gem and Mineral Society's CD version of the Cretaceous Echinoid book? I actually had my paper copy lifted at a public event and would like to replace it. I remember an earlier thread where someone mentioned they believed a new Ech book was forthcoming. The CD is only $10 while the paper back is $20 + shipping. I have seen CD versions of printed material that was so low rez that it was worthless.

Have not seen that one but I have other books on CD do not like them at all. I am just old school and like a hard copy.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

It's as good as the book (I have both). I use it all the time.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I see those every year, but I have never actually bought them... Maybe this year will be the year..

John, are they searchable? Or is it just like scanned pages?

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex

Have not seen that one but I have other books on CD do not like them at all. I am just old school and like a hard copy.

Me too.

Plus, the lifespan of a burned CD might be as short as three years. I have several CDs at home that are now worthless coasters.

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

I see those every year, but I have never actually bought them... Maybe this year will be the year..

John, are they searchable? Or is it just like scanned pages?

Searchable. HGMS Look under Paleo Publications in the left panel.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Me too.

Plus, the lifespan of a burned CD might be as short as three years. I have several CDs at home that are now worthless coasters.

Drill a small hole in it and hang from car rear view don't know why but all the kids are doing it

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Drill a small hole in it and hang from car rear view don't know why but all the kids are doing it

all the yardworker's have it in their trucks around here...

but I have seen people put them in fruit trees to scare the birds away! (it works, too!)

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex