Fourth time lucky

Gary t tomo

Hi my phone won't let me upload pics, it's saying not enough memory, could someone please look at my finds on YouTube, Gary T Tomo new fossil find east Yorkshire, pls pls help, I've been trying to post for an hour, thank you in advance .

Link

Edited by Fossildude19
To add link

All you need to do is post a link to the video. 

I have done that for you. ;) 

You can't upload videos directly here - only photos. 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I think it would be better if you would take some photos of the ojects and post them here. It's difficult to make out any details in the video since everything is moving back and forth and the objects are not always in focus. I believe the second one shows the outer whorls of an ammonite, but the others are too indistinct to be able to judge. The first may just be a concretion, the third just a piece of slate and the 4th appears to have some weathered pyrite in it, but I can't make out what else might be in there since the camera is always moving about.

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Seems like you made some nice finds!

I do agree with Roger @Ludwigia: the video is a little too shaky, and it's hard to make out detail. I would really recommend purchasing a smartphone Gorilla Grip. I have one myself, and it's very useful to take photos and videos, as your phone doesn't shake (and therefore doesn't go out of focus), and you have both hands free to handle the fossils. 

Also, make sure not to bring the fossils too close to the camera. Otherwise, it will go out of focus and become blurry.

Lastly, there you filmed in a small dark room. If you film outside, during sunlight, the quality and the lighting will be a lot better. And watching your video will be a lot more enjoyable experience! 

Take my tips into account, and I'm sure that your videos will soon become very successful ;)

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils