My gallery wall of fossils

aplomado

So, I just finished my first gallery wall.  I really like old science art; eventually it will cover all the walls of my office.  I got the images as hires digital files, and printed them on Shutterfly.

So, from the top clockwise they are:

Giant sloth skull, life size; PM if you want me to e-mail you the digital image.

Moa skeleton: PM me if you want the image.

Poster for fake sea serpent skull made from fossil whale bones; this one came out amazing, I had to buy an odd size frame for it.  PM for the file.

Madagascar ammonite

Keichosaurus fossil

Fossil wolf skull image (pm me for image)

Fossil crocodile skull from American Museum of Natural history (can't send out this one, sorry)

2euo1e9.jpg

s1m5w7.jpg

2gy1y5g.jpg

o7slzd.jpg

24o2a0i.jpg

5bah46.jpg

33nupmg.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Beautiful display and very well arranged. I also might have to take you up on the kind offer of sending out the digital prints . Nice fossil too. Kind Regards Bobby 

Looks like something from a history museum. Good job!

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

That is wonderfully done. I really like the images.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Can you send me the kiechosaurus?:P

Nice display!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

19 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

In Germany we would say that that's an "Augenweide", which, directly translated, means "eye pasture". You can really graze on that display :)

Love the term! I am reminded from its opposite, Augenblick (picked that up reading Heidegger :P ). 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Well Done! :wub: 

A display wall that shows history and paleontology! :) 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me