Ohio fossil collection donated

Some of you have been following my unique fossil finds for some time now, and others have provided amazing help in trying to identify what I have found. It appears that my collection is both unique and important to science in the study of Carboniferous fossils, so rather than keep them under a tarp in my yard, I decided to find them a permanent home. The Smithsonian came and packed up (5) 4'x4' crates and they have now been transported and officially donated to them. I also look forward to seeing the paper that is being written on them published, and thank you Paul for all your work! What an amazing journey, and hope that it is not over yet.....

• I found this Informative 5

Sherry

Can we see a pic of the donation pls :3

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

37 minutes ago, Macrophyseter said:

Go back and look at some of Sherry's older threads - beautiful plant fossils. 

Sherry,

Congratulations on the donation!!

You fossils certainly are worthy of more study!

You should put a post in the Contributions to Paleontology thread! 
Well done. 
Regards, 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

52 minutes ago, Macrophyseter said:

It might do for now: her album of some of her exquisite carboniferous finds here: 

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

51 minutes ago, Macrophyseter said:

I am not quite sure what you are wanting to see. There are a few hundred fossils that were donated.

DSC01073 (1024x683).jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Sherry

Thank you for your contribution to science!:dinothumb:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Thank you Kane!

I did not realize there was another page I should have posted this on Tim. I am sorry...  Tim, I must be tired, just not able to find out where you thought this should be posted?

Sherry

The Smithsonian! I knew you had some special stuff there. I'm sure you'll let us know of any papers that are published.

On 9/19/2017 at 8:56 PM, saysac said:

Thank you Kane!

I did not realize there was another page I should have posted this on Tim. I am sorry...  Tim, I must be tired, just not able to find out where you thought this should be posted?

Sherry, 

This post is fine where it is. You should make another post to this thread.   ;) 

Please follow the format used there.  

You can just post a picture or two of your favorite pieces that were donated. :)

Congratulations, once again. 

Best regards, 

Tim

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Lots of time and effort went into the contents of those boxes. You must be a bit sad to see such finds carted off. Even more reason to pat you on your back for allowing the extensive collection to move to a museum. Now get out and find some more so we can enjoy your posts.

What an awesome accomplishment! Thank you for your contribution and for posting pics etc. Please keep us informed on any future papers.

Minnbuckeye, yes, a lot of work but fun. No, I am not sad to see them go. It was time for them to find a permanent home before the deteriorated and all is lost. Thank you all!

Sherry

What a wonderful donation! I have been following your posts since I joined the site and it is great to see that the material will be scientifically studied.