eannis6

I found this strange fossil at Stratford Hall in Virginia. It has an odd, scale-like impression on the top face. If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. It's difficult to see and photograph, but if you look closely it will help. Thanks!

image.jpg

Odd. I have no clue on this one.  :headscratch:

image.jpg.886e8779d23ca43bb4a3f35776c6717a.jpg    IMG_8317.JPG.31e5aa9649cbeedd93dca534a07fc4d1.JPG

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Yeah that's the best fit I've seen however I haven't seen anything about bryozoan impressions in Virginia but at the same time they're not very well known 

First I thought trilo eye, but bryozoan makes sense to.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Wow sorry guys I'm still getting used to the forums! I was bummed because I didn't think I had any responses until I clicked! Thank you all SO much for the feedback! Let me post a pic of other angles! I will look into the suggestion, thanks so much!

When You hold an object and try to take a picture You end up with a blur. This hides the details that make ID possible.

Please retake the pictures without the hands.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Thank You for the better pictures.

I think You have a steinkern (internal cast) of a snail with the impression of a bryozoan.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Archived