RiseOfTheExtinct

I found a unique fossil cluster. It has a bone cemented into it! It has barnacles, and it's formed on a Jefferson Scallop. I found it in Virginia, United States.

Photo on 9-10-17 at 4.21 PM.jpg

:trilo:  RiseOfTheExtinct  :ammonite01:

"There's no shame in being weird. I'm have the obsession of mollusks. You're the one who always forgets your coffee. We're all weird in our own ways.

Don't forget that, weirdo whose even weirder than me..."

5 minutes later... Said by someone else...

"Hey, weirdo, you forgot your coffee on your desk..."

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

Nice little fossil cluster. Barnacles and all. 

Any idea what type of bone it is?

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I'm not sure what type of bone it is. Although, I am talking to a professor at a college to help me figure it out. I'll let you know what I find. Good question, Fossildude19!

jpc, I will change the topic because I want everyone to post. Anyone who wants to post can post on this topic.

"There's no shame in being weird. I'm have the obsession of mollusks. You're the one who always forgets your coffee. We're all weird in our own ways.

jpc, you 'are' permitted to post here. Anyone who wants to can, now.

I'm away from home, but I have this with me. It's a small tooth from a (young?) crocodile (thecachampsa?) from the Paleocene Aquia formation in Douglas Point. That's about two hours from my house so in "my area". Within two hours of me there are fossil sites from many different ages, here's a picture of a brachiopod (protoleptostrophia?) with another brachiopod (chonetes?) on it from the Devonian Mahantango Formation near Hancock, Maryland.

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_3120.JPG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Good finds, WhodamanHD! That's pretty cool I'd have to admit.

Archived