Small Shark Teeth IDs

Shellseeker

I am going thru last seasons finds, trying to find space in the collection. It is a nice way to pass the time until hunting season opens.  In 2016, that did not happen until the 3rd of November.. I hate to think I may have 5 more weeks to go.

Some very small shark teeth. The one I stopped to think about is lower left -- broad root like a Mako, but serrations.. I just do not know. It also has a point that tips up. as do 3-4 other small teeth I picked up that day.   So , what are these small teeth?  Thanks to the shark teeth experts on TFF.

4sharkteeth3sm.thumb.jpg.4653c77c737d6ab8fcd90456a98b2b19.jpg

4sharkteeth4sm.thumb.jpg.7012c88171e7c6059d85473a2a7a8146.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

My first guess is that most of them are lemon shark teeth, but there are also other sharks with similar teeth shapes.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Hi there Shellseeker .... I was wondering if the one on the upper left might not be sphyrna or a Hammerhead tooth. It's a bit worn but has a well defined nutrient groove ?  A lower tooth.

The rest I was thinking a Copper shark or other Carcharhinus sp.

Cheers,

Brett

38 minutes ago, Shellseeker said:

I am going thru last seasons finds, trying to find space in the collection. It is a nice way to pass the time until hunting season opens.  In 2016, that did not happen until the 3rd of November.. I hate to think I may have 5 more weeks to go.

Some very small shark teeth. The one I stopped to think about is lower left -- broad root like a Mako, but serrations.. I just do not know. It also has a point that tips up. as do 3-4 other small teeth I picked up that day.   So , what are these small teeth?  Thanks to the shark teeth experts on TFF.

4sharkteeth3sm.thumb.jpg.4653c77c737d6ab8fcd90456a98b2b19.jpg

4sharkteeth4sm.thumb.jpg.7012c88171e7c6059d85473a2a7a8146.jpg

Well, messed up -- not LOWER left, but upper LEFT,   is the strange one,  The one on lower right does not have an obvious nutrient groves but otherwise  Lemon seems clear.

Upper left has a squarish root, obvious nutrient groove and cusps somewhat like a Tiger.

So, I guess that is the question.  Is upper left a Tiger?

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"