Sharing Your Collection: Give Others the Stories of Your Experience!

RiseOfTheExtinct

Nice collection.

You can see some of My collections in the links at the bottom of My posts.

Yes a great collection really like the horse shoe crab. I am very interested in why some people collect stuff/treasures. I think as I said before collecting is an art form and for a lot of people I know who collect it does fulfils a creative urge ( by arranging. ordering, acquiring and the aesthetics of displaying) . Also all the Artist I know collect something. Sorry for rambling on but every time I see an impressive collection I won't to find out if they feel it has an creative elements to it. Kind regards Bobby 

• I found this Informative 1
RiseOfTheExtinct

Thank you, @LordTrilobite! I appreciate the thought. @Bobby Rico, I don't necessarily know why I collect. Maybe it's because I just have interest in them. The fact is, well, all I know is that I love them. I love all of nature. Mostly into mollusks and fossils though. I appreciate the 'impressive collection' part. When I was younger, I lived in a small town. My mom called it, "The Ocean of the Town". 

Thank you again,

1 hour ago, RiseOfTheExtinct said:

Thank you, @LordTrilobite! I appreciate the thought. @Bobby Rico, I don't necessarily know why I collect. Maybe it's because I just have interest in them. The fact is, well, all I know is that I love them. I love all of nature. Mostly into mollusks and fossils though. I appreciate the 'impressive collection' part. When I was younger, I lived in a small town. My mom called it, "The Ocean of the Town". 

Thank you again,

Your welcome . If I had that many shells I would make a shell grotto. I find shell grottos fascinating spaces. Best wishes 

1 hour ago, RiseOfTheExtinct said:

I love all of nature. Mostly into mollusks and fossils though

Exactly the same here! And that's why one of my favorite fossil groups are seashells :)

Luckily for me, the North Sea has a wide range of both modern and fossil seashells, so that's a happy Maxi! :ighappy:

If you're really a fan of seashells so much, you might want to take a look at this thread, that I made some time ago: