restored 3.08 inch great white shark tooth

mattbsharks

This tooth is by far the biggest great white in my collection at 3.08 inches. I was curious what the biggest in the world is. Someone on ebay told me they had one that was 3 3/8 inches but I think they were lying.

IMG_0467.JPG

IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

I doubt they get much bigger than that, nice buy!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Next time, why don't you do a before after pic of the original form and the finished restoration?

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

7 hours ago, Macrophyseter said:

Next time, why don't you do a before after pic of the original form and the finished restoration?

will try to. For great whites, I buy whole blades and resculpt the root, so it just would have been this blade and no root. I will try to with megs, but I usually forget to take one at the beginning because I am excited to restore them

7 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

I doubt they get much bigger than that, nice buy!

Thanks! I got it super cheap. Got it as part of a pound of great white blades for $120, and then restored the root.

9 hours ago, mattbsharks said:
17 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

Thanks! I got it super cheap. Got it as part of a pound of great white blades for $120, and then restored the root.

Now that's a nice deal!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason