Walton on the Naze finds

sharkyy

HI everyone here are the best of my finds, found at Walton on the Naze over the past year. The big tooth on left corner I believe is an Otodus that was given to me by another fossil hunting enthusiast. Sadly didn't find it myself but it is still nice to have as a memento of Walton .

IMG_20170604_153407.thumb.jpg.95aa1e65a6b266b9acb088c54c050b4e.jpg

Those are some nice teeth! Weird to see a otodus without cusps, Miocene as well! 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Nice collection! I've been to Walton twice and didn't find any teeth except for two small fragments, but that was during summer holiday and so many people were out there searching. I hope to go back soon since the kids are back in school and maybe I can actually find some for myself.

Around what areas at Walton did you find them? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spots! 

Thanks for the comments everyone. The teeth that I found , were all found at the graphite stones continuing 200 meters past the concert slabs as no one looks past that point. The teeth are found in any place you can think of on sands, in the clay, or laying on the cliffs bottom. It is like winning the lottery. One day in mid July there was around 30 people on a beach looking for sharks teeth and I was thinking I wasn't going to find anything ; there was a small line of 7 combing the beach and others scattered around. So I went on to the beach disappointed ,to see lots of foot prints, hoping the teeth weren't broken. So I went along thinking this is going to be a bad day. To my amazement I found 22 teeth , a fish vertebra and a 300year bell (Crotal bell designed for life stock probably a lamb). Tips when looking for sharks teeth will be black tips for its colour, pointed and shiny. But when looking for teeth always look for the start of the tide line and work down.

Hi, What a collection. I have been once or twice years ago and when I went there were piles of shingle, I sat and looked through the edges mainly and came up with lots of different finds. Guess things have changed since then. Erosion etc. Met up with Nazeman and he ID'd things for me. Got a couple of his booklets very useful.

Never ask a starfish for directions

Archived