JustinFL

Nice Hemi's, too. :) 

Thanks for posting. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thanks I was really pleased with our finds! My girlfriend found her first two megs, I have to say I am a bit envious LOL they are just about perfect.

Any more input on this would be great, I keep hearing jokes but I've been told it looks like a tumbled sperm whale tooth. 

IMG_0407.thumb.JPG.3994f45d55fdb1d472cffffc5ec6ee60.JPG

20 minutes ago, JustinFL said:

Thanks I was really pleased with our finds! My girlfriend found her first two megs, I have to say I am a bit envious LOL they are just about perfect.

Any more input on this would be great, I keep hearing jokes but I've been told it looks like a tumbled sperm whale tooth.

Search ebay for "monster river Florida".

Here are a couple Peace River teeth to shown similarity. The banding around the tooth is a differentiator.  Nice find !!

2015June13thPeace.jpg.e7b0d207bf110b8b4a853fbcb8b2ebd1.jpg

Kogiopsis Floridana

WhaleToothPeace.thumb.jpg.e25cfb5959116cbb933c153a57a1485c.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

2 hours ago, JustinFL said:

No joke..... it is a tumbled sperm whale tooth.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Great finds ! Congrats and thanks for sharing :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

Awesome Meg!  I'm going to venture a guess that these are coming from a land site, not a beach or river site given the details of the barbs & serrations.  It also looks like you have some lighter "bone valley" colors in some of your finds so I think that may indicate that you are in a gray mud layer?  I don't see any lightening strike markings.  Shellseeker has said he knows where "they" come from but I'm not as confident that I can pinpoint that area yet.

It also strikes me as odd that you have a few Hemi front teeth but just one side tooth.

Great hunting for the two of you!

1 hour ago, Calvin Jenkins said:

Awesome Meg!  I'm going to venture a guess that these are coming from a land site, not a beach or river site given the details of the barbs & serrations.  It also looks like you have some lighter "bone valley" colors in some of your finds so I think that may indicate that you are in a gray mud layer?  I don't see any lightening strike markings.  Shellseeker has said he knows where "they" come from but I'm not as confident that I can pinpoint that area yet.

It also strikes me as odd that you have a few Hemi front teeth but just one side tooth.

Great hunting for the two of you!

I'll say it's a little further than the beach. Great land site! I have the video of pulling the nicer teeth out. 

Thanks for sharing. If it doesn't give away the spot, I'd love to see the video.  I love those kind of clips. The big meg is a beauty!!!

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

It is a land site with the exception of the tumbled tooth. I'm hoping to give it another shot with my daughter this weekend. I'll keep updating, and thanks 

She found her first Meg without any help, the day before her birthday. Not about a birthday present. She found three Megs total and Bunch of really nice smaller teeth.  My big find was a almost 2 inch hemi.

IMG_0607.PNG

Wow! Love the shape and color of that large Meg!

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

Archived