Quick trip to beltzville state park

Miocene_Mason

Was going past beltzville and decided to take a stop. We (me and my father who came along) happened upon a stretch of ungraveled lake side and took a look for twenty minutes. The fruits of our labor were the normal Mahantango mix, Brachiopods, bryozoans, crinoids, but my father (who is unexperienced in fossil hunting and doesn't really know what a trilobite looks like) picked up a trilo cephalon (Eldredgeops rana i think). I would have been happy, watching the sunset on the lake knowing that I possessed a trilobite, when I noticed another one right under my nose! Well, on the ground. I felt pretty good for twenty minutes,and after finding a trilobite I think my dads starting to get the fossil collecting itch....

heres the finds, might be posted here over a few days because I'm a bit busy.

first trilobite

IMG_3164.JPG

IMG_3165.JPG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Nice trilo, Mason - congrats to you and your dad!  Now if only Viola and I could happen upon trilobites just as easily in our area, too... :)

Archived