Kansas fossil hunter looking for a Florida hunt.

Ramo

I work as an insurance adjuster, and for the last few years I haven't left home to work.  Well, my company made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I'm down here in the Orlando area working.

I'm super busy right now, but I would love to do some fossil hunting while down here.  I would be up for about anything.  I hear a lot about hunting rivers and streams.  That would be cool, but a land site would work as well.  I promise to keep any "secret spots" to my self, and will be happy to return a favor to anyone if they find themselves in Kansas some day.

This week I'm too busy, but sometime next week I may be able to get away.

Ramo

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

I'm a couple hour drive from Orlando right near Venice beach. I'm only available on weekends but would be happy to take you out. Rivers and creeks are out of the question right now and for the foreseeable future but there's plenty of land sites. If that sounds good we'll work out the details, Jeff

• I found this Informative 1

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

I just wanted to say, Ramo is a great guy to collect with. :) 

I've had the pleasure of taking him to a few of my Jurassic sites.

He was full of good conversation, a respectful and appreciative hunter.

If you get a chance to hunt with him, jump on that opportunity.  

To sum it up: Ramo is good people. ;) :dinothumb:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

6 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

I just wanted to say, Ramo is a great guy to collect with. :) 

I've had the pleasure of taking him to a few of my Jurassic sites.

He was full of good conversation, a respectful and appreciative hunter.

If you get a chance to hunt with him, jump on that opportunity.  

To sum it up: Ramo is good people. ;) :dinothumb:

My sentiments exactly!

Steve

Thanks guys for the kind words. 

PM sent jcbsshark

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

If I were heading to FL again, I'd hire our root Admin, Cris. Found great stuff with him in Feb.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

I can vouch for Jeff (JCBShark) as being an excellent guide to hunt with as he has a keen eye (and always finds more Megs than me!).  I'm out of town until the 2nd week of October but after that I may be able to help with weekday hunts in & around the Venice area as well.  If you are a certified diver you may want to book a dive trip.

Cris is also good, he is in Northern FL so you need to choose if you want to go North or South to hunt, Atlantic or Gulf Coast.  As mentioned we are in rainy season now so river hunting is not recommended at the moment.

Good Luck and please post your reports!

7 hours ago, Calvin Jenkins said:

I can vouch for Jeff (JCBShark) as being an excellent guide to hunt with as he has a keen eye (and always finds more Megs than me!).  I'm out of town until the 2nd week of October but after that I may be able to help with weekday hunts in & around the Venice area as well.  If you are a certified diver you may want to book a dive trip.

Cris is also good, he is in Northern FL so you need to choose if you want to go North or South to hunt, Atlantic or Gulf Coast.  As mentioned we are in rainy season now so river hunting is not recommended at the moment.

Good Luck and please post your reports!

Thank you Kevin and good luck out in California.....hopefully we'll get some rain in time for your return trip and get out a few more times before the dry season:fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!