Finally bought some angustidens!

Miocene_Mason

Thought I'd share some angustidens I'd just received in the mail. Bought these online for 12 bucks including the shipping, don't know if that's good or not, but I'm happy! 3 teeth, biggest one is 1 5/8 inches approximately and the other two are 1 1/2 approximately. Came from the oligocene of South Carolina (no idea the formation, might ask the seller but I don't think they found it) they are a little broken, but are enough to be representive of the species (or chronospecies if you prefer). I'm trying to make a display showing the evolution of the great white and the megalodon, starting with isurolamna, to my knowledge the proposed common ancestor. I'm currently looking for representative specimens of most of them (chub, isurolamna, escheri, hubbelli, praecursor, etc PM me if you have one for cheap or maybe for trade, although I'm low on trading material right now)

Sellers pics are better than mine, so using them!

thanks for looking!

IMG_3168.JPG

IMG_3169.JPG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

4 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

Thought I'd share some angustidens I'd just received in the mail. Bought these online for 12 bucks including the shipping, don't know if that's good or not, but I'm happy! 3 teeth, biggest one is 1 5/8 inches approximately and the other two are 1 1/2 approximately. Came from the oligocene of South Carolina (no idea the formation, might ask the seller but I don't think they found it) they are a little broken, but are enough to be representive of the species (or chronospecies if you prefer). I'm trying to make a display showing the evolution of the great white and the megalodon, starting with isurolamna, to my knowledge the proposed common ancestor. I'm currently looking for representative specimens of most of them (chub, isurolamna, escheri, hubbelli, praecursor, etc PM me if you have one for cheap or maybe for trade, although I'm low on trading material right now)

Sellers pics are better than mine, so using them!

thanks for looking!

Hi There,

Usually these teeth are coming out of the Chandler bridge formation or from the Ashley marl that sits beneath it ...

Cheers,

Brett

1 hour ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

Hi There,

Usually these teeth are coming out of the Chandler bridge formation or from the Ashley marl that sits beneath it ...

Cheers,

Brett

Thank you! Always good to have the label more specific!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Angustidens are one of my favorite shark teeth.

Do show us progress of the evolution set!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

2 hours ago, -Andy- said:

Angustidens are one of my favorite shark teeth.

Do show us progress of the evolution set!

I definitely will! I think I should get it a little farther along though, but hopefully soon!

Happy hunting,

Mason

13 hours ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

Hi There,

Cheers,

Brett

I agree, the two teeth on the right look like land site teeth - most likely Chandler bridge. The other has the look of a river tooth to me - maybe reworked from Chandler bridge.

Nice examples !

7 hours ago, Doctor Mud said:

I agree, the two teeth on the right look like land site teeth - most likely Chandler bridge. The other has the look of a river tooth to me - maybe reworked from Chandler bridge.

Nice examples !

Thanks!

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived