Trilobite cephalon and pygidium

Rocky Stoner

Hi folks.

At first glance, I labeled this cephalon an Eldredgeops but it doesn't compare well with other examples in the area behind the eye where the "dimples" are. There is also a sort of "horn" projecting from the upper rear portion of the eye. Just not certain about this one. Could just be deformation ?

Then the nice size greenops pygidium. Wow, I'd love to find a complete one this size !

Thanks,

Regards.

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

I think it is eldredgeops ceph, maybe a different species though. Nice ones!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

20 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

I think it is eldredgeops ceph, maybe a different species though.

Thanks.

I'll put it with the others and include a note.

:)

Nice finds Rocky !:trilosurprise:

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

1 hour ago, Rocky Stoner said:

Thanks.

I'll put it with the others and include a note.

:)

Glad to help, sorry I don't know exactly how to tell the differences between them (milleri, crassituburculata)

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived