Calvert cliffs 9/29/17

paxhunter

So the water in the Chesapeake has been crazy high lately but today it got down to a somewhat normal level so i grabbed my new fossil hunting hat and i hit the beach. The water was not too high but there was not too much too be found except for a stellar giant thresher!!! I think my new hat brought me good luck!

22008341_10203603638767233_6932444988378706357_n.jpg

22046532_10203600080398276_1760165638975116000_n.jpg

15 minutes ago, paxhunter said:

So the water in the Chesapeake has been crazy high lately but today it got down to a somewhat normal level so i grabbed my new fossil hunting hat and i hit the beach. The water was not too high but there was not too much too be found except for a stellar giant thresher!!! I think my new hat brought me good luck!

22008341_10203603638767233_6932444988378706357_n.jpg

22046532_10203600080398276_1760165638975116000_n.jpg

Ya gotta have the proper equipment.

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Nice finds!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Whoa!!! Nice thresher!!! I might need to look into leasing that hat from you.

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

1 hour ago, mrieder79 said:

Whoa!!! Nice thresher!!! I might need to look into leasing that hat from you.

love it lol

Where would one get such a hat?  I try to downplay what I'm doing when I'm doing it in some areas but it would be fun to have a hat like that when I'm not hunting.

2 hours ago, Calvin Jenkins said:

Where would one get such a hat?  I try to downplay what I'm doing when I'm doing it in some areas but it would be fun to have a hat like that when I'm not hunting.

meghunter.net is where i got mine

1 hour ago, RCW3D said:

Love the giant thresher! Awesome find! Was it serrated? 

Congratulations!!!

No it was not serrated it is rare to find giant threshers @ Calvert it is almost unheard of for serrated ones 

Nice finds! Seem your hat brings you good luck as my raptor tooth necklace from our wedding brings luck to my husband and I!

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

That won't work Skyelar!!!  You have to wear the image of what you are hunting. Sheesh, I thought everybody knew that.

Silly (new) Aussie!

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Love the hat and awesome thresher tooth:fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

@paxhunter that's a very nice thresher, one of the larger ones I've seen come out of the area and worthy of an VFOTM entry.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

15 hours ago, Fossil-Hound said:

@paxhunter that's a very nice thresher, one of the larger ones I've seen come out of the area and worthy of an VFOTM entry.

Thanks it a nice on for sure i was very happy and  ive never had an entry for VFOTM

On 03/10/2017 at 1:47 AM, caldigger said:

That won't work Skyelar!!!  You have to wear the image of what you are hunting. Sheesh, I thought everybody knew that.

Silly (new) Aussie!

Does that mean I should be finding Pleistocene marsupial raptors and not all of the marsupial megafauna we've been finding :blink: 

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19