Jump to content
mattbsharks

Huge 6.7060 inch megalodon tooth

Recommended Posts

mattbsharks

The root turned out a little funky but I still like this tooth overall.

IMG_0573.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ludwigia

Again, that looks quite realistic. What type of paint coloring do you use? Acrylic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fossildude19

My only constructive criticism would be that you tend to make all of the roots more U shaped, rather than V shaped, and the lobes too round.

They are usually more squared off.

Looks pretty good, though.

 

 

 IMG_0612.thumb.JPG.86827c4db2e97896f70f9ec500c858af.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhodamanHD

Another nice restoration, keep up the good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RJB

I agree, the root does look a bit funky, but its a heck of a lot better than I could do.  Just keep up the good work Matt.

 

RB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LiamL

It looks like a love heart on top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gizmo

Another nice one! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mattbsharks
6 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

My only constructive criticism would be that you tend to make all of the roots more U shaped, rather than V shaped, and the lobes too round.

They are usually more squared off.

Looks pretty good, though.

 

 

 IMG_0612.thumb.JPG.86827c4db2e97896f70f9ec500c858af.JPG

I definitely see what you mean

10 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Again, that looks quite realistic. What type of paint coloring do you use? Acrylic?

Thanks, I use acrylic paints from the craft store near me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Macrophyseter

Despite being a bit inaccurate, that's a bootifool tooth.

 

Also, when you told me you measured 6.7 inches, was is before restoration or after? Because if it was before, you probably just made a 7 incher!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mattbsharks
On 10/4/2017 at 10:34 PM, Macrophyseter said:

Despite being a bit inaccurate, that's a bootifool tooth.

 

Also, when you told me you measured 6.7 inches, was is before restoration or after? Because if it was before, you probably just made a 7 incher!

It was after. I wish I had a 7 incher!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Macrophyseter

aw, rip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×