horseshoe crab track fossil?

Napoleon North

Not enough information. Doesn't look like anything more than geologic to me. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Their appendages do bifurcate, but I agree more evidence than this would be needed. A telson drag would be a start.

It looks like a cracked chert nodule with lots of conchoidal fractures, like those from the Holy Cross Mountains, Poland. A good reference regarding to this will be Z. M. Migaszewski et al. 2006. Middle Oxfordian–Lower Kimmeridgian chert nodules in the Holy Cross Mountains, south-central Poland. Sedimentary Geology 187: 11– 28 . Please read the document.

59d1430d887b8_Fig.3..thumb.jpg.7e3dc7e4fd14ed816e4af16a84910000.jpg

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

That doesn't look like horseshoe tracks as those are tiny and side-by-side. Here's a horseshoe crab with tracks:

p1783607289-3.jpg

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

To get there, as I theorize, you would need to zoom in on the track made by the tips of one appendage on a firmer substrate. The full y shape would not be made because of the lack of depth. 

Too far a stretch to call an ID, indeed.

Light bulb on ! 

The line in the center. Telson ?

In that case you need some y shapes on the sides. 

I now think this is closer than anyone has realized.

It's still a little (perhaps a lot) sketchy, but claw marks,(feeding?) with telson drag through freshly disturbed sediment ?

IMG_0027.JPG.a1f533f4444c6ca2d02ae21813e92a2e.JPG

Archived