Mitchu

Southern California???

Mitchu

I'm down in the Palmdale/Lancaster Area on business for the next month and a half or so. Really want to get out and do a hunt or take a peek at some collections. I'm planning on hitting up the Ernst Quarry this month, but I'd love to get out in the field with a few collectors. I'm also a sucker for collections and love taking a look at what people have found. I understand not many people want to be giving out locations to people so i'm not asking for anything like that, heck I'll wear a blindfold to a location, I just enjoy getting out there and hunting with new friends. If anyone wants a tag along please let me know!

Macrophyseter

Rip me. I'm a southern cali, but I can't go anywhere because of school. I would love to go out with a few collectors too, but I can't go wherever I want, and my parents still dont understand fossils yet.

Mitchu

I remember growing up and explaining to my parents what these "rocks" are and why they are important. I got the general blank stare followed by "are your chores done?" haha. Don't let it deter your passion. Now, my mother in particular, marvels at my collection and asks questions about them, she even brings it up in general conversation in our phone calls (I live a ways from home now and am constantly gone on some trip or another). As a parent, I can tell you, sometimes we don't see the passion that our children have for things but just because someone doesn't understand doesn't mean it's any less important. Keep the passion my friend, that's the good thing about fossils.....they have nothing but time!

caldigger

When are you planning on hitting the Ernst Quarries?

Mitchu

Later this month, maybe towards the end of the month. I took a quick glance at the calendar and saw most of it open. Ill probably make a decision tonight on a date. Do the dates fill up pretty quick? Its a bucket list hunting locality for me so ill do what i got to, no telling if i wil ever get the chance again.

JBMugu

I dont think it fills up that often, I have always been able to get in whenever I wanted. I might be interested ill send you a PM.