Air grinder kit

Crann

Hi, anyone recommend a good air grinder kit ? Want to start putting nice finishes to some fossils, loads of kits on Amazon pretty cheap, any tips with grinding ? Thanks.

7 minutes ago, jpc said:

grinder?  what do you plan to do with it?  Or are you looking for an air scribe?  

Smooth down/level surfaces around the ammonites, thanks

Ive never used a grinder type tool for prepping.  I mostly use the air scribes and the air abrasive unit. I have seen where some folks use a grinder to smooth out some rock though.  Good luck

RB

I have a flexible air grinder  that I got on Ebay from England many years ago for about $20 .It runs from my compressor at about 90 PSI. 

I find that I really do not use it. I had thought that I would use it to sculpt matrix bases for trilobites. Found that I did not really like the look of the super smooth finished product and I found that I could actually do it faster with my ARO or CP9361 air scribes.The scribes when you use the  side of the stylus produce a nice dimpled texture that I think is better looking than a smooth sanded surface.I also find that the rechargeable dremel tool works better with a cutoff diamond wheel than does the flexible air grinder wand.

12 hours ago, Malcolmt said:

I have a flexible air grinder  that I got on Ebay from England many years ago for about $20 .It runs from my compressor at about 90 PSI. 

I find that I really do not use it. I had thought that I would use it to sculpt matrix bases for trilobites. Found that I did not really like the look of the super smooth finished product and I found that I could actually do it faster with my ARO or CP9361 air scribes.The scribes when you use the  side of the stylus produce a nice dimpled texture that I think is better looking than a smooth sanded surface.I also find that the rechargeable dremel tool works better with a cutoff diamond wheel than does the flexible air grinder wand.

Hmmmm... Will look into this, thanks.