Surprising articulated Florida find

jcbshark

Thanks again for an awesome day of fossil hunting, Jeff! I feel lucky here in Texas with the abundance of fossils we have, but I sure wouldn't mind living in your part of the world. That turtle foot is real cool.

Pretty cool, glad Jeff found this as I would have probably walked over it not realizing what it was (and probably did!).  Of course the shell can come back when I get home, right now it is still in the car where we put it!  Now if I just had time to help hunt for the rest of it (and it rained again....).

@Jesuslover340 some additional pics....sorry just reread your request for different pics of each one skylar. If you'd like let me know and I'll pm them. Can only load one/two at a time because of the file size 

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

IMG_0652.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

10 hours ago, old bones said:

What an excellent find, Jeff! That is a bit different for you to find associated bits. Glad you were there to collect them before it was all scattered and destroyed. :)

9 hours ago, beachbum said:

Great finds Jeff! :dinothumb:

Thanks folks:)

8 hours ago, garyc said:

Thanks again for an awesome day of fossil hunting, Jeff! I feel lucky here in Texas with the abundance of fossils we have, but I sure wouldn't mind living in your part of the world. That turtle foot is real cool.

Thanks Gary, it was a pleasure. We do have it pretty good down here:)

8 hours ago, Calvin Jenkins said:

Pretty cool, glad Jeff found this as I would have probably walked over it not realizing what it was (and probably did!).  Of course the shell can come back when I get home, right now it is still in the car where we put it!  Now if I just had time to help hunt for the rest of it (and it rained again....).

Thanks Kevin, fingers crossed for some significant rain when you get home and we get out again:fistbump:

Archived