KimTexan

I found this a few years ago walking through the countryside near Lake Whitney on what is now called Lake Whitney Ranch in Bosque county off of hwy or FM 56. The unique thing about this one was it was sitting at the base of a large tree in the woods. I guess the roots had pushed it up to the surface.

I've got a dozen, maybe 2 dozen or more of numerous species, but I've never got an ID on any of them. This one may be hard to ID, because it has eroded away in places and has lichen growing on it.

IMG_9973.JPG

IMG_9974.JPG

This is for the thickness of it. It's about 3.25-3.5 inches thick and just over 12 inches as it's widest diameter.IMG_9975.thumb.JPG.5695bfad4ad6f66adf4be1d6c6694b8e.JPG

It sure is worn down alright. You can see that the sutures are gone and only the edge of some septa are showing on the flank without much folding so there is a lot of it gone. Just judging from the size, shape and profile though it is most likely an Eopachydiscus.

• I found this Informative 1

I'll go along with Bob. You could try removing the matrix from the inner whorls on the one side. Maybe they are better preserved than on the other.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/