Fossils from the negev desert in israel and a fossil shark tooth from the east coast

mattbsharks

These first two fossils I picked up while hiking mountains in the negev desert in Israel. I think one of them is a sea shell with a barnacle on it. I'm not sure about the other tubular one. The final one is what I believe is some sort of mako.

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

IMG_0652.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0655.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

that last picture is blurry but I think that is a barnacle on the right and I am fairly sure it is a seashell

IMG_0647.JPG

very worn shark tooth

IMG_0648.JPG

misread the title and just realized that the shark tooth isnt from Israel. Crossed out until I rewrite my pos

Could be an upper front lateral mako or hastalis tooth. But I'm kinda loose on this because as farfetched as it sounds, it looks so much like a cretoxyrhina tooth, thought you probably found this in a cenozoic zone.

Also, i think the tubular thing could be a coprolite? If im seeing the right one. Also, on the first picture theres a tiny fish spine on the bottom of the rock if you didn't notice.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Don't know what fossils come out of the Negev desert but I think that it's a nautiloid with another cross sectioned at the bottom of the rock.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

47 minutes ago, Macrophyseter said:

misread the title and just realized that the shark tooth isnt from Israel. Crossed out until I rewrite my pos

Could be an upper front lateral mako or hastalis tooth. But I'm kinda loose on this because as farfetched as it sounds, it looks so much like a cretoxyrhina tooth, thought you probably found this in a cenozoic zone.

Also, i think the tubular thing could be a coprolite? If im seeing the right one. Also, on the first picture theres a tiny fish spine on the bottom of the rock if you didn't notice.

cool I wasn't sure what that was at the bottom!

Archived