Second air scribe

holdinghistory

I am considering adding a second airscibe. I have a chicago right now, but was wondering what a good option would be for detail work?

Check out Paleo Tools.  They have anything you could possibly want.  The ARO is purty good for some detail work but they also have all the 6 different micro scribes.   After that you can get an air abrasive system too.  Takes money, but if you have all these tools you can prep out just about anything.  Good luck.

RB

Already have a air abrasive system, just been working on getting it set up. I think it is all set to go, just need to fire it up!

I use 3 scribes. CP9361, an Aro, and a Micro Jack 4. I started with the Aro, then bought the CP9361, then the Micro Jack.

In your scenario, I would probably go for a Paleo Aro from Paleo Tools. The Micro Jacks are great but they are definitely only for detail work under a microscope.

I use Hardy Winkler tools. Perfect germany quality. Their HW-10 is an ARO-style scriber. 

Some of them you can find on stonecompany.com

I use a german Pferd MST31  (fairly expensive) for detail work I use an ARO and a CP9361 for general rough scribing. I also have 6 other scribes that were bought over the years but tend not really to be used any more

I will check some of those out. I have the CP-9361 right now. What pressure do you usually run it at?

10 hours ago, holdinghistory said:

Checked out the HW-10, would you go with that one, or a HW-1?

I have both. But I use HW-10 90% of my time

Gotcha, thanks! I will probably go with that one then, seems like it is comparable if not a little better than the Aro from what I was reading, but I could be wrong.

Archived