wamorris1999

9 minutes ago, ynot said:

I learned this tidbit of information from @GeschWhat (thanks) in a thread She posted about a year ago. It takes that long for received information to sink in and resurface, for Me at least.

I am a social misfit.  I do not go to parties (any more). I do not "drink" (alcohol) either.  Also, I hate crowds.

At least You got this part right.:P

Don't worry, you're the life of the party on this forum :ighappy:

• I found this Informative 2

I agree these look more like little crystals. @ynot, I'm touched that you remembered (okay...I know...just touched in general)! Here is a new fun fact for you:  Wombats poop cubes!  Still waiting to find a treasure like that in fossil form :P

Cretaceous termite coprolites in petrified wood from Aachen Formation, Germany.

Termite-Coprolite-Petrified-Wood-Aachen-Germany-Micro-1.thumb.jpg.ee2b2c65f1a063be007f53ee8d52cbf4.jpg

Crystal formation

CrystalsorCoprolite-ZoomedAreas.jpg

CrystalsorCoprolite-ZoomedArea-1.jpg

CrystalsorCoprolite-ZoomedArea-2.jpg

CrystalsorCoprolite-ZoomedArea-3.jpg

• I found this Informative 6

Hey @ynot, I am the same way, kinda.  I do drink, but no party's or bars for about 16 years now. I also hate crowds and I cant remember when I invited someone over?  When I go shopping its usually 6 in the morning.  :)

RB

Just to have them all here. :)

• I found this Informative 2

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

20 hours ago, RJB said:

First of all, termite coprolite has never in my intire life entered my mind.  Would be very cool if these are termite coprolites!  Would make for a very interesting piece.   Second of all, @ynot seemed to know off the bat the shape of a termite coprolite.  I would never in my life have thought that there is a person on this planet that walks around with that kind of knowledge!!!      Im seeing ynot right now at a party, drink in hand, leaning against a wall trying to pick up good lookin babe.  "Hey babe, did you know that termite coprolite is hexigonal and not perfectly round?"    Girl walks off.   :)

RB

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

20 hours ago, ynot said:

I am a social misfit.  I do not go to parties (any more). I do not "drink" (alcohol) either.  Also, I hate crowds.

You wouldn't be happy here, near Bordeaux, in the land of Armagnac.:P

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

In memory of Doren

Just arriving to this thread. I was only able to skim but it looks like the group said what I would say: way more convincing as mineral crust as opposed to termite coprolites.

On 10/8/2017 at 4:21 AM, fifbrindacier said:

Why, don't they have fossils?:wacko::headscratch:

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

On 10/8/2017 at 4:21 AM, fifbrindacier said:

2 hours ago, ynot said:

Maybe, but they have lots of wine and parties :D

18 hours ago, ynot said:

There are fossils nearby, from the devonian to the quaternary, but the nearest are mostly from the miocene.

15 hours ago, Sagebrush Steve said:

Maybe, but they have lots of wine and parties :D

I'm precisely in the sout of the Armagnac area and in the Tursan area, a "little" red wine. There is also very nearby the Saint-Mont, another "little" red wine. At about between 100 and 200 km there are the girondins wines : Pauillacs, Bordeaux, Medocs, Graves, Sauternes, etc... among wich the properties of Rotschild and Château Eyquem or Petrus. At about 50 km we have the Jurançon, a sweet white wine we use to drink with foie gras. Nearby, at about 30 km there is another sweet white wine, the Pacherenc.:D

The oldest Armagnacs and the most famous Pacherenc (produced by monks) are one of the most expensives alcohols in the world. I've seen a bottle of 750 ml of Pacherenc at 1000 euros (i just saw it).:blink::wacko:

As for parties, they can be gigantic, with tens and tens thousands of person a day, during 4 days and nights. The pity is that there are too much people drinking excessively bad alcohol, so that they aren't interesting parties. We use to see them finish their party in the emergency service where i work.:angry::angry::angry:

In memory of Doren

9 minutes ago, ynot said:

Then I would be happy there, as long as the fossils are not too drunk!:rofl:

That depends on what kind of fossils we speak.

I mean, when you see or hear some politic or mediatic people, you just wonder if they're not there since the beginning of the world.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• I found this Informative 1

In memory of Doren

26 minutes ago, ynot said:

Then I would be happy there, as long as the fossils are not too drunk!:rofl:

If you put foie gras marinate in Pacherenc or Jurançon in a crassostrea longirostra of nearly 30 cm, you might have a good meal in a not so drunk fossil.:muahaha:

In memory of Doren

48 minutes ago, fifbrindacier said:

That depends on what kind of fossils we speak.

I mean, when you see or hear some politic or mediatic people, you just wonder if they're not there since the beginning of the world.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's not limited to France:ighappy: