Great day but need a little help

JustinFL

Found some great stuff yesterday. Not sure what the long bones are from. I appreciate the help in advance. 

Thanks!

IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0705.JPG

IMG_0706.JPG

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sweet meg, not sure about the bones but the black piece is a partial mammoth tooth :fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Epic haul! Awesome little meg and great mammoth tooth!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Like jcbshark said, the black specimen is probably a mammoth tooth. The rest I believe are certain parts of limb bones, but I don't know for sure what type exactly since I'm not an expert in that type :wacko:

For shark teeth, the big, complete, serrated, and heart-like tooth can be no other than the legendary Carcharocles megalodon itself. And a near-perfect one too, no seen damage, pristine tip, nice serrations, you've just hauled a beautiful meg! :trilosurprise:

The smallest shark tooth with a serrated curved (can I use the term "hooked" for this?) crown is from a snaggletooth shark Hemipristis (serra, I believe)

The shark tooth with a broken root, assuming that there are no serrations (because the image at that point is a bit blurry, so it's possible that serrated details can be blurred out), I believe it is from a broad-tooth mako Cosmopolitodus hastalis (Or Carcharodon hastalis, so its actually a great white relative instead of a mako despite its common name). If it is serrated, then I believe that it is then from a great white.

Great haul, keep it up! :dinothumb:

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Thanks to all. This was just a few of the highlights. The little Meg is just over 2"

I found 3 Hemi's in the 2" range and a huge whale vertebrae that has to weigh 15lbs. The long bones are what really threw me. It's the first time I have found anything like that at this location. 

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

Maybe @Harry Pristis can help with the long bones.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason