Oxford Clay finds from The Cotswolds, England

Brittle Star

This post will be ongoing as I am still processing my Oxford Clay and started looking at microfossils in it in 2009, I think. Hoping to start photographing finds very soon. See finds already donated to museum in Partners in Palaeontology - Contributions to Science.

1- Agglutinated foram

2 - Also Agglutinated foram according to museum, weird. Would like to find another photo to confirm. 

I think I need an Jurassic atlas on the things. Santa take note. Yes I will work out how to stack my microscope photos one day.

agglutinated foraminifera 2.jpg

Agglutinated Foram 1a.jpg

Never ask a starfish for directions

That second foram with the spines is a lovely piece. Looks like we'll be eating popcorn and awaiting more pictures! 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Stop you will make me blush. Work has already named me Jurassic Janet. Embarrassing. Boss wants me to write an article for the work intranet. NO CHANCE. I do not do fame.

1 minute ago, Brittle Star said:

Stop you will make me blush. Work has already named me Jurassic Janet. Embarrassing. Boss wants me to write an article for the work intranet. NO CHANCE. I do not do fame.

Well, I'm sure it is well deserved. :) Perhaps you might reconsider that article as a kind of self-sacrificing gesture in raising awareness about fossils, if not also persuading the boss to give you additional paid vacation time to pursue collecting! :D  Dare to dream...

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Kane, I would seriously crawl into a hole first. I am a 'work in the background' sort of a person, boss sings my praises, lovely and appreciated but makes me cringe big time. I already have all the school holidays off so what more can I ask, do not drive so I arrange to go on my hols to places I can fossil hunt. Not attached so can please myself. Just have to make sure my suitcase is not too heavy on the way home. Extra rucksack for medical purposes :fingerscrossed: works wonders and a big shoulder bag and of course something to put my lunch in for on the way home. Good job I do not go abroad. Coach holidays do all of the hard work, door to door service for a reasonable cost. Sorted. Where there is a will there is a way.

Hi Tarquin, I have Toupview software on my usb camera, very clever but a lot of it goes over my head. So putting it off, must get motivated.

I concur - these are some pretty nice finds, and things we don't get to see much.. :) 

Thanks for posting them. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I love the clear "spines" on the foram, I use Picolay freeware for focus stacking.  Works like a champ and is easy.

• I found this Informative 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arizona Chris

Paleo Web Site:  http://schursastrophotography.com/fossiladventures.html

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:17 PM, Arizona Chris said:

I use Picolay freeware for focus stacking.  Works like a champ and is easy

Thank you for the recommendation, I have looked into reviews etc. and one site said it was their number one choice. Perhaps it will not be so daunting and encourage me to get my micro camera fired up, longing to get my recent micro finds on film. Will post my results when ready. It certainly seems easy just add photos and it does the rest, even if they are not completely in line with other apparently.

Thanks again