Wenlock Edge, Shropshire, England

Brittle Star

This place is just like Wrens Nest Dudley i.e. Silurian. I like both places but find different things at each. Personally I have found more Trilobites bits at Wrens Nest.

1 - Arachnophyllum murchisoni Coral, top view

2 - Amphistrophia funiculata Brachiopod

3 - Favosites Coral

4 - Halysites Coral

5 - Heliolites Coral

6 - Kodonophyllum truncatum Solitary Coral

7 - Labechia conferta Stromatoporoid sponge

8 - Leptaena depressa Brachiopod

9 - Trepostome Bryozoa

Arachnophyllum murchisoni Coral top 1d.jpg

Amphistrophia funiculata Brachiopod 2a.JPG

Favosites Coral 1a.jpg

Halysites coral 1a.JPG

Heliolites Coral 1a.jpg

Kodonophyllum truncatum Solitary Coral1a.JPG

Labechia conferta stromatoporoid sponge 1d.jpg

Leptaena depressa Brachiopod 1b.JPG

Trepostome Bryozoa 4b.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

Never ask a starfish for directions

:) 

I'm enjoying seeing these myriad finds. 

:popcorn:

45 minutes ago, Brittle Star said:

Personally I have found more Trilobites bits at Wrens Nest.

Is this due to your collecting method, or do you think they are just more abundant at Wren's Nest?

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I think there are places at the Wrens Nest that you can sit down and go through the scree on a bank by a footpath, gets lots of little bryozoan, trilo tails, maybe a whole one if you are lucky, been a while since I went. Other places just pick up a chunk with corals etc in and hope to uncover a Trilobite later. Don't expect to see them on the surface. Probably will not get there again, I have seen someone trying to organise a day trip there, always find something. NO HAMMERS allowed by the way. Have not taken photos of my Wrens Nests finds yet. Something else for my To Do list. Have only been to Wenlock Edge once and really did not know which trail to take. Found all my finds just in lumps on the side of the footpath where they had fallen so I was lucky or managed to hit on the right place. Just have to do your homework first. The only Trilobite I found there was the tail of one and it was upside down doing a dying fly impression, so really just the inside view. Probably someone more familiar with the place would do better.

Never ask a starfish for directions

• 6 years later...