Large limb bone portion ID

Nimravis

About 20 years ago I bought this bone for $20 at a garage sale in the suburbs of Chicago. The woman did not know where her father had found it. Around that same time I showed it to Paleontologist Paul Sereno who was talking at a nearby library and he stated he believes it to be reptile. Just looking to see what other members  think.  

@Troodon

59DD2010-A0A0-4BD2-90A4-3035A90D06E6.thumb.jpeg.01827e2d5ba2a54caf6c507af609ec0a.jpegA3158197-31E6-499F-9100-CE3F72D6EF90.thumb.jpeg.5adc71ab830501d1c308a1942ee09ae4.jpegCB200A62-5B46-4A6B-BF19-E08B18388A58.thumb.jpeg.fa8246b7eb6b9434b771c83f89b40e82.jpeg

D11BC507-669C-4B1C-B433-2756A7959A89.thumb.jpeg.8a52583fea00784e86e1515c5d9fc7b2.jpeg2FF5A992-23C4-4039-8BAF-4779790FBC30.thumb.jpeg.53782e0bc7323d01af6db0fd4eae753c.jpeg

Paul is an expert he should know what he's talking about but it's a pretty broad ID guess, safe for sure.  Did he include dinosaurian in his reptile ID?    Without age and locality hard to say but it's a pretty large reptile if that's what it is.     Is the bone hollow?

29 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Paul is an expert he should know what he's talking snout but it's a pretty broad ID guess, safe for sure .   Without age and locality hard to say but it's a pretty large reptile if that's what it is.  Did he include dinosaurian in his reptile ID?   Is the bone hollow?

He did not include dinosaur, he stated reptile. The third picture that I posted shows where the bone is hollow going into the end. Unless it was not hollow and that’s a hollow  portion from weathering process.

Well a dinosaur is a reptile and my bet is that it was that broad of a comment, very safe.   He did not exclude dinosaur or did he? 

I asked about a hollow bone because of that picture and the bone appeared to be honeycomb.  So if its not weathering and a real hollow bone with that size it's possibly theropod.

Sorry for my cryptic writing. He stated that it was not dinosaur  and that he believed it to be reptile. There is a hole going into the bone that I could possibly fit two fingers And yes it is also honeycombed.

Interesting, not aware of any non dinosaurian with honeycomb bones but my knowledge beyond dino bones is limited.  So the weathering must have created the hollow bone.  @jpc. Might have some ideas.  

1 minute ago, Troodon said:

Interesting, not aware of any non dinosaurian with honeycomb bones but my knowledge beyond dino bones is limited.  So the weathering must have created the hollow bone.  @jpc. Might have some ideas.  

Thanks for your help, I always thought it was dinosaur even after he said it was not.

I think it is dinosaur, but that is without knowing where it came from.  The preservation looks very Lance formationish.  That doesn't mean it is, but it looks like it fertainly could be.   Nice chunkosaur. 

52 minutes ago, jpc said:

I think it is dinosaur, but that is without knowing her it came from.  The preservation looks very Lance formationish.  That doesn't mean it is, but it looks like it fertainly could be.   Nice chunkosaur. 

Thanks JP