Mysterious bones of Kem Kem - Morocco?

Seguidora-de-Isis

Good morning to everyone at TFF! In my box with Kem Kem fossils, I'm posting here 3 more mysterious fossils. Any help is welcome! My thanks to all who can help me!

============================================

:bone:  :bone:  :bone:  :bone:  :bone:  :bone:  :bone:  :bone:  :bone:  :bone:

Bone Nº 01
Size: 26 mm

3830185202.png

1513174603.png

9863614904.png

6778904405.png

9226441106.png

4356677807.png

3906771308.png

Bone Nº 02
Size: 17 mm

9744171502.png

8265569803.png

9027711604.png

1697983605.png

3435814806.png

2809832307.png

7620508708.png

Bone Nº 03
Size: 23 mm

3748139002.png

5658742003.png

1564775504.png

7890301505.png

8350894506.png

4324967107.png

5940801308.png

@Troodon  @LordTrilobite

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

nr 1, no idea.

nr 2, a limb maybe?

nr 3, this looks like a finger bone to me.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

2 resembles a femural head, of what I cannot say. I also agree with finger bone for the last one (metacarpal).

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I'm gonna have to disagree on nr. 2 just being a femural head. I think that's almost the complete bone, as it doesn't look broken. Both ends look like sutures where another bone fits.

All mysteries :wacko: all non dinosaurian ...is this a test :D

One, uno:  could be a portion of rib??????

Two, dos: one might be a portion of a vertebra process??????

Three, Tres: hand bone?????

solo compre huesos con los que estamos familiarizados :ptero:

No, this is not a test my friend @Troodon, because I am also trying to identify these bones :headscratch:.  In my opinion, I agree that none of them seems to be from Dinosaurs ...

Bone Nº 01 - Really seems to be a rib fragment. I've thought of a fish rib, but it looks very sturdy to be fish. And it's too hollow to be Dromaeosauridae. So I'm working with the possibility of a fragment of Pterosaur's rib.

Bone Nº 02 - It reminds me a fragment of scapulocoracoid of Pterosaurus;

1181787202.png

But I do not much believe in the possibility of a scapulocoracoid fragment of Pterosaur. I am more strongly inclined to a fragment of the region pelvic girdle of turtle:

3802524502.png

The bone Nº 03 - Definitely not a turtle humerus, due to the fact that a turtle humerus, typical of Kem Kem should have a format similar to this:

1414215502.png

But I think this # 03 bone is compatible with a turtle phalanx or turtle metatarsal;

4705728602.png

What do you think? :headscratch:

Note: ¡Soy un cazador de Pterosaurios mi amigo @Troodon! :D

03.PNG

7 minutes ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

But I think this # 03 bone is compatible with a turtle phalanx or turtle metatarsal, for as my friend @LordTrilobite said, this bone is almost complete;

I was talking about bone #2 though. Not bone #3. But bone #3 also seems pretty complete.

4 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

I was talking about bone #2 though. Not bone #3. But bone #3 also seems pretty complete.

Oh yeah, sorry, I confused the bones, I was even editing and correcting them, and now that I've seen you already answered. I'm sorry for the mistake. :D

03.PNG

Oh don't worry about it. It can sometimes be easy to read over something and miss some details.

12 minutes ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

No, this is not a test my friend @Troodon, because I am also trying to identify these bones :headscratch:.  In my opinion, I agree that none of them seems to be from Dinosaurs ...

Bone Nº 01 - Really seems to be a rib fragment. I've thought of a fish rib, but it looks very sturdy to be fish. And it's too hollow to be Dromaeosauridae. So I'm working with the possibility of a fragment of Pterosaur's rib.

Bone Nº 02 - It reminds me a fragment of scapulocoracoid of Pterosaurus;

1181787202.png

But I do not much believe in the possibility of a scapulocoracoid fragment of Pterosaur. I am more strongly inclined to a fragment of the region pelvic girdle of turtle:

3802524502.png

The bone Nº 03 - Definitely not a turtle humerus, due to the fact that a turtle humerus, typical of Kem Kem should have a format similar to this:

1414215502.png

But I think this # 03 bone is compatible with a turtle phalanx or turtle metatarsal, for as my friend @LordTrilobite said, this bone is almost complete;

4705728602.png

What do you think? :headscratch:

Note: ¡Soy un cazador de Pterosaurios mi amigo @Troodon! :D

I am going to have to disagree that bone #3 is complete.  It is missing both ends due to wear as the formation has moved over the years.  This is common with Kem Kem material, and so that makes the bone look different.  Anyway, just my opinion.

ffturtlebone.jpg

fossil-shack-new-banner-use-copy.png
www.fossilshack.com

www.americanfossil.com

www.fishdig.com

2 hours ago, sseth said:

I am going to have to disagree that bone #3 is complete.  It is missing both ends due to wear as the formation has moved over the years.  This is common with Kem Kem material, and so that makes the bone look different.  Anyway, just my opinion.

ffturtlebone.jpg

Oh yes, I respect your opinion, including thank you very much. But in the case of this bone Nº3, the wear is not so pronounced. There was little wear. Looking in person is much better than in the photos :D! I'm very inclined to think that this bone is the phalanx of  turtle or metatarsal of  turtle, but I agree with you, really this bone seems to be turtle!

03.PNG

And the Nº 1 and Nº 2 bones, what do you think,  my friends? Any material comparative that can help in my hypotheses, my friends @Troodon and @LordTrilobite? And what do you think of my hypotheses?

03.PNG

Bone 2 can be many things I believe it's to much of a fragment to make a call. 

I have no idea on what animal bone 1 rib belongs to.

For future reference here are some images of cretaceous turtle limbs

Screenshot_20171012-151700.thumb.jpg.03b7419ff272f6ee534bbea521cf6647.jpgScreenshot_20171012-151715.thumb.jpg.684969619fedd2d08d9059564667ea20.jpgScreenshot_20171012-151920.thumb.jpg.228ba5f33fa5429f9fb0d22f274aec16.jpg

56 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Bone 2 can be many things...

Please my friend Troodon, any hypothetical guesses to give me about this bone Nº 2? @LordTrilobite said that both ends look like sutures where another bone fits. And I agree with him, and this could be a starting point for guesses...

03.PNG

2 hours ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

Any hypothetical guesses to give me about this bone Nº 2? @LordTrilobite said that both ends look like sutures where another bone fits. And I agree with him, and this could be a starting point for guesses...

I'm not in agreement that they are sutures look like broken ends and I also do not think 3 is complete missing one end and the other side worn

Well, some extra detailed photos of those two ends that could either be broken or sutures might give some more info.

2 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

Well, some extra detailed photos of those two ends that could either be broken or sutures might give some more info.

No problem, once again thanks for the help :D and tomorrow I will post more detailed photos of the extremities.

03.PNG

19 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

No problem. As requested, I'm posting more photos and as always, thank you very much for all the help.

02.PNG

03.PNG

04.PNG

@LordTrilobite  and @Troodon

03.PNG

I'm still pretty sure both ends are suture surfaces. On the surface in the first photo there looks to be very little damage, if any. And on the 5th photo on the bottom right, those lines on the edge also look like suture lines. Though this fatter end might have some damage. It's hard to tell.

Archived