Psittacosaurus Ilium

The Speeding Carno

I was browsing through our favorite auction site when I found this for sale. Seller provided no other information about the fossil. The seller is from the US and has a good feedback percentage. Is it real, I have heard stories of psittacosaurus fossils just being sculpted bone mash...IMG_1021.JPG.41ad371ff6a4ab0b69182b7a9ee600f3.JPG

IMG_1023.JPG.6bfcf0c7a62fbca71260b3be8e7df4f5.JPGIMG_1024.JPG.acfa1d6f3bde7ba5a323ddbf652721e4.JPGIMG_1025.JPG.80619f4c3734dd642fd0e62ef76b44b8.JPG

Hi it looks good to me but I am no expert. It does not look complete to me a little bit missing at the ends . I was given a museum cast of a psittacosaurus about 3 years ago it was made up from different moulding that had gone a little wrong it was from one original skeleton. The company sells replicas to museums or over the world, gave it to me for just a small cost . It was about 4 weeks work to clean the moulding , wire and paint the skeleton.  So I can only go by that experience. You know you can if it is not what it is advertised as send it back and get a refund.

cheers Bobby 

Looks real, if it was fake it would be restored completely and both ends would be there.  Might have some repairs done to it hard to tell.   Cannot guarantee it's from a psittacosaurus without real comparative specimens.

This Ilium of Psittacosaurus mongoliensis is not made with molding of bone meal, on the contrary, it is perfectly real:

5710789702.png

I bought this same bone from this same exact seller:

The seller is trustworthy, but he does not have the slightest experience to sell out of his country. He did not put the contents of the package on the label, and the Ministry of Health of my country barred the entry of the Mysterious Package without any kind of identification, so all the bones I bought returned to the seller's country. But the seller is honest, refunded all my money in full.

Of course the salesman asked me if I wanted him to ship back to my country, but I was nervous because I only like what can fly :ptero:, so I accepted my money back!:headscratch:

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Looks like a match when compared to my Psittacosaurus replica. I'd say it's good.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Thanks for the replies, sadly got sold before I could purchase it, would anyone know of psittacosaurus material for a reasonable price? I'm not interested in full skeletons.

1 hour ago, The Speeding Carno said:

Thanks for the replies, sadly got sold before I could purchase it, would anyone know of psittacosaurus material for a reasonable price? I'm not interested in full skeletons.

This same salesman wrote me last month that he owns dozens of Psittacosaurus bones. Only he does not announce all at once, he sells one first, and then announces another. If you wish, I can send you private message to contact with him.

03.PNG

7 hours ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

This same salesman wrote me last month that he owns dozens of Psittacosaurus bones. Only he does not announce all at once, he sells one first, and then announces another. If you wish, I can send you private message to contact with him.

I would love to receive that PM, thank you!

8 hours ago, The Speeding Carno said:

I would love to receive that PM, thank you!

No problem. I just sent you a PM. Hugs and good luck! :fingerscrossed:

03.PNG

Archived