crypotolithus

It's used as an anatomical term, meaning more bulgy or blown up than other species e.g. when a trilobite has an inflated glabella.

• I found this Informative 1

Tarquin

I use it in both senses, pending context of the statement. For instance, "this species of trilobite is known for its inflated glabella" is an anatomical descriptor of the species, whereas "this trilobite comes out fully inflated in the limestone, and not crushed or flattened when they occur in shale," refers to the specific specimen's preservation state.

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

3 hours ago, TqB said:

It's used as an anatomical term, meaning more bulgy or blown up than other species e.g. when a trilobite has an inflated glabella.

Yeah, that too.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

The term can also be used when a fossil is flattened by the fossilisation process, and scans are made that are then digitally inflated to reconstruct the original shape.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

This term also goes for ammonites.  Lots of ammos have been crushed from a little bit to a lot of bit.  If 'fully inflated', means it has not been crushed at all.  Its always a nice thing when you can find fully inflated ammo's.

RB