Need help identifying these fossils

A_real_life_alien

My friend and I found these about 55 miles due West of the far West side of Houston, TX.  We are still looking for more at the location so I am being vague about the exact spot.  Sorry about that.  They weren't very deep in the ground and were found while digging a pond eight feet or so under the surface and the soil is sandy mixed with, clay, and bull rock.  This is the only picture I have of what we found and I know it is hard to tell how large these things are but that bone fossil in the right corner is probably 24-30 inches long.  I think this is mammoth teeth fossils and mammoth bone fossils but I'm no expert.  What do you guys and gals think?  Whatever this is its pretty cool to us since neither of us has ever searched for fossils before.  We're hooked on it now! 

IMG_20171016_161348_074.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Welcome to the forum!

Is it possible to post clearer, closer images of each fossil? It helps a lot as faraway images tends to blur out important details.

I think that the far left looks like a mastodon tooth, and the far right looks like a mammoth tooth. I think the giant bone at the top right corner could be an end of a giant limb bone, that is if I'm seeing that one of the ends is broken.

I don't have much clue for the rest for now, but nice finds! :dinothumb: Keep digging! 

• I found this Informative 1

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Definitely proboscidean! 

Neat finds. :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

My friend is going to take pictures of each individual fossil up close to help you good folks out.  I will post them up as he texts them to me.  Thanks for the replies so far.  I really appreciate it!

Oh, and just to let you know, Proboscidean means from any animal that is from the order Proboscidea, which is comprised of mammals closely related to and look much like modern elephants (which are proboscideans), like the mastodon and mammoths, from your fossils.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Thanks Macro I really appreciate the info!  Here is the last pic.  Its part of a skull.  

IMG_20171016_202227_561.jpg