Gainesville water level after Irma

Joseph Lambert

I live in Florida but it is still an hour and a half drive to Gainesville. I can't find out if the water is still high from the hurricane or not. Is there anyone that lives by that can tell me. Thank you

I know that people have been hunting the Gainesville area post Irma. I haven't been yet, but I will be in town next week and hope to collect somewhere in the area.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I've been pretty busy with school and work.  Actually, I've been keeping an eye on the water level and it's starting to get prime. I would be comfortable going to several spots I know right now, but it's far from quality hunting time. It's getting there, and for the brave, season has started, for the not so brave, I would say another week or two.  I was actually considering going out tomorrow, but I think I'm going to give it another week. The banks that expose fossils should be producing, but the rivers are far too strong and deep right now for any real luck hunting the bottom.  Just my two cents.  Fingers crossed, we are finally getting there!!!

Cheers.

On 10/16/2017 at 10:34 PM, Joseph Lambert said:

I live in Florida but it is still an hour and a half drive to Gainesville. I can't find out if the water is still high from the hurricane or not. Is there anyone that lives by that can tell me. Thank you

Do you live north or south of Gainesville?  I'm assuming north.  I live south so hunt the Peace mainly.  But same concept applies. 

Archived